Some driving pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cretahillsgal

Reaction score
I just realized that I had never posted some of my driving pictures here.
default_smile.png

The little sorrel gelding belongs to Robin at ROKO minis. And the sorrel pinto gelding is one of my new guys, HCM Navajos Blaze Of Glory.

Edited to add that is my father-in-law in the pics, not my hubby. LOL!

blaze23.jpg

blaze26.jpg

sparky28.jpg

sparky29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your horse is very handsome! Everyone looks to be having a great time. It's so nice you fil enjoys the little horses, too. Lucky grandchildren!

(Are you doing the Altus parade today?)

That's the first time I've seen pics of you driving Blaze!
default_smile.png

Is that the other harness? It sure cleaned up well!

Give Mr Sparky a hug for me! He's such a good boy!
default_wub.png

Yup Robin, that is the show harness! Looks great doesnt it???

I wish that I had more time to drive right now. It is dark when I leave for work and dark about 30 minutes after I get home. And I live in the booneys with no streetlights. Im ready for summer again. LOL!

Blaze has been one of my favorites for years. Love him! You all look like you're having such fun.

Leia

Thanks Leia! He is in LOVE with my little girl Carlee. He is going to be her show horse. And my driving horse till she is old enough to drive him herself.

It looks like she is getting a good start on driving herself already - you are going to have to go shopping for your own horse to drive soon!
default_biggrin.png
You look like you are all having lots of fun and your horses are enjoying themselves. I know you haven't asked for a critique so forgive me but I would pick the breastcollar up a bit on the pinto, Blaze, to make his life easier. It should sit above the point of shoulder when he is in draft.

Thanks Lori. I go back and forth between thinking it is too high and cutting off his breathing, and thinking it is too low and rubbing him wrong. And that was the first time using that harness on him. We did ALOT of adjusting to fit it to him, but obviously didnt get it all right. LOL

It is sometimes really hard to be sure when you are on the ground out of the cart and fitting harness. Things change slightly once there is weight in the cart and he is in draft. That is one of the reasons I really like to get photos of my horses in harness and driving so I can study them and see where I need to make changes. This little guy might benefit from a shaped collar when you get the chance to purchase one. I find a lot of Minis are tough to fit in that area because there just isn't a lot of room there.

Latest posts

Back