So...we had some rain...and more rain

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
I'll start with some photos that I took on Saturday. We had some low cloud cover in the mountains which always makes for pretty photos.

IMG_7114.jpg

IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_7130.jpg

Some random photos from the same day..

Willow has 'almost' lost her winter coat.

IMG_7164.jpg

IMG_7168.jpg

IMG_7088.jpg

Bailey still has LOTS of winter fuzz left. H hates me grooming him so it's taking forever to shift it.

IMG_7174.jpg

Scroll down for the next lot of photos.

Then we had a ton of rain on Saturday night. Sunday morning bought a huge down pour. It rained so hard for around 45 minutes that it flooded our area.

The horses were in the back field calling out just before the big rains hit. My son raced to the gate to let them in and they bolted straight for the stable. They must have known what was coming!

We received one months rainfall in one day! You have to remember that we have been in draught conditions for years and years here.

This is my front yard!!!!

IMG_7219.jpg

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7184.jpg

Look closely, you'll see Willow poking her nose out looking at the water rushing by!

IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7211.jpg

And a small youtube video of the damage

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...that's a lot of rain!!!

I hope everything dries out soon for you
default_smile.png

We get rains like that here in Oklahoma, too, occasionally. Do you have some equipment to repair the damage? What a mess. You have two smart horses! Doesn't look like you will need that water hose hanging by Willow's nose for a while!

These first pix are absolutely gorgeous!! :) And I love the two napping :))

But your rain pictures are scary. I hope you don't float away!!

Susan O.

HOLY MOLY! That is alot of rain!!

Hope it doesnt cause too much trouble..

The pics are so cute-love them napping
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back