So happy! My tiny stallion can reach!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
Remember I built a breeding platform and was worried my young( and new to breeding ) 28" stallion wouldn't be ablle to reach my taller gals?

He was not thrilled about using the platform.....

So I let nature take over and pastured DArmond Boogermans Bravado(Dragon) with the ladies for less than two weeks. Found a fetus in August... that was sad, but at least I figured out he wasn't shooting blanks...

Just got the blood work back and we are expecting 3 foals!

Dragon is blue eyed lwo+ tovero, and he is bred to my silver dapple, black pinto and sorrel blue eyed homozygous pinto. Can't wait to see these babies!!! I purposely did NOT breed any mares last year and I sure missed having foals around.

Just had to tell, as I am so thrilled! Atleast until I have to do the mare stare thing!!! LOL!!!

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great Robin!!
default_yes.gif
: Is Misty bred for next year?

Thanks!

Yes, Marnie, "our" little girl is bred! Misty sure has the most beautiful babies. This will be her third foal, the first two looked like her, sorrel pintos with the bluest eyes. This one will too, as Dragon( a Boogerman son) has ice blue eyes and is a sorrel tovero. I am looking forward to Misty's foal the most. She's my girl. She is the sweetest of them all.

Robin

I've been waiting years to see Dragon's first foals! :bgrin

I'm so excited for you Robin! We can do mare stare together! :lol:

Go Dragon, GO! :aktion033:

Wonderful!!!

I too was worried about my 29" stallion being able to reach the a few of the girls that are close to 34"....but he did...and they are in foal. Funny thing is...he had a problem with the girls closer to his own height....he kept aiming higher and missed his mark....and God forbid...anyone try to help....that really made him mad.

Becky

I guess that just goes to show us....they sometimes know better than we do!
default_yes.gif
: Looking forward to seeing those beautiful new foals of yours next year!

Good News :aktion033:

So my little 28" should not have any problems with my 30-32" mares in the future... :bgrin

:aktion033: Oh they manage!!! I am sooo happy for you (and him lol)

Our 28" stallion was able to reach all of our mares up to 34" Congrats on your upcoming foals!!
default_smile.png

My 28" stallion got my 37" mare pregnant all on his own ;)

Jessi

Latest posts

Back