Snapped a few pictures of my big guy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Been a while since we've seen the big guys and gals, and I know a few of you have gotten new ones!

This is my big guy, AQHA gelding Zippos Rowdy Rodder, grandson of Hotrodder's Jet Set and a great-grandson of the great Zippo Pine Bar
default_wub.png
He's a big baby, a little too friendly as he's always right there to see what you're doing
default_rolleyes.gif
You'll have to excuse his 'burr-horn' lol

I LOVE this first picture, the sun was just right and he was down in the pasture, hadn't noticed me yet, I think it's "picture perfect"
default_wub.png

zip1.png

This is what I get when he sees me, comes barreling across the pasture at a dead run
default_new_shocked.gif
Only to hit the brakes when he reaches the gate
default_rolleyes.gif

zip2.png

The big tank:

zip-1.png

And here he is with our other two biggies, the one is a roan pintaloosa mare in her late teens and the other is my sister's grade QH gelding who is 20+ years old and still going strong!

100_0767.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice big guys!
default_smile.png

Here are ours:

Hope to Surprise Ya - "Surprise" 19 year old 15 hand QH mare. I used to show Surprise years ago mostly local, but did show one AQHA show at the VA state fair. She was a trooper surrounded by 16+ hunter horses. Locally we won many Grands in English hunter under saddle against many larger horses. She and I also, went in a novice western division for fun and won that. We had a lot of fun. It's been 9 years since I've ridden her. I've put my nephews on her since and she is still a perfect little lady.

DSC00732.jpg

And our 3 year old 16.1 Hand QH gelding. Captive Moxie- "Moxie" He's sired by The Last Captive. Grandsire: Last Detail.

His dam is a Mr. Moxie Man daughter. Moxie is a huge sweetheart. One of my favorite thoughts of him was right after we got him. He was only a yearling. My husband and I were out cleaning paddocks. It was winter time and there layed our barn cat on Moxie. Moxie had a blanket on. Pesta(our barn cat) was sleeping on his back. I wish I had had a camera. That was such a nice sweet moment. This went on for sometime until Pesta decided to get down.

He has not been trained to ride yet. Right now he's our huge pasture mate.

Moxie5.jpg

Moxie1.jpg

CheyAuts Starlit Firefly, aka Calista. 3 year old 13.2 palomino pinto Arabian Pony mare. In the process of being broke to ride, I've ridden her about 7 times or so. She's doing well, but I like to take my time. I hope to show her in h/j and also she's a nice trail horse. Perfect size for little 5' me ;)

ridecalista38-15-8.jpg

calitrot12sm6117.jpg

calistawalk4.jpg

Cheyenne Autumn, my 18 y/o 16h chestnut sabino Thoroughbred gelding. My first horse, I've had him since 1997 and he's not going anywhere
default_smile.png
We've done trial riding, h/j, team sorting, dressage, and more. My horsey soul mate
default_smile.png

mechey2.jpg

ridechey3.jpg

cjump2.jpg

Impulsive Decision, aka Pulse, is a 20something 14.2h grade buckskin gelding. I couldn't take my eyes off him at an auction I went to 4 years ago, so he came home to retire in comfort. He is lame, but was buted to continue work as a lesson horse
default_sad.png
So I'm happy to give him a place to just be a horse
default_smile.png
He likes to "wash" his teeth with the water ;)

pulse.8307.jpg

pulsehose5.jpg

14b8a44d.jpg

Rosanne van de Slingenberg, aka Radiance, is my 3 y/o close-to-16h (need to measure again to see if she hit 16) Friesian mare. She's not been started under saddle yet, but I have hopes of doing dressage and combined driving with her.

radi435-25-8.jpg

radi365-25-8.jpg

raditrot2.jpg

Renaissance Spring (JC name Count the Copper) aka Ren, is my 27 y/o 16.1h chesntut Thoroughbred gelding. He used to belong to my best friend, and when she could no longer keep him, I took him in. She comes out to ride him occasionally when she can (hard with two young girls and she lives an hour away, but we try to get together for rides when we can!). They used to do h/j, and he was a race horse until he was 7.

rentrot312-21-7.jpg

renface.jpg

c39bdac1.jpg

Tough Rockets Tiger, aka Skylar, is my 2 y/o 12.1 or 12.2h POA gelding. He's for sale, but if I still have him next year, he'll go to my trainer to learn to drive.

Sunbleached in the first photo

skylar8-15-8.jpg

skylar1-20-8.jpg

tiger6.jpg

Imagine That, aka Summer, my 14h 7 y/o chestnut Haflinger/Welsh Cob mare. She is my main riding horse right now. We trail ride and show at local h/j shows right now, but I REALLY hope to start into eventing with her.

ridesummer78-15-8.jpg

summerribbon310-14-7.jpg

summertrot2.9277.jpg

Jessi

Wow- More nice horses! I LOVE your appy.
default_smile.png

Kim

Here is my big girl..... Mesa.
default_wub.png

She is 19 and I've had her for 4 years. She is sooo much fun. Before I got her, she was a dressage/jumper and showed around 3'6. I've used her to barrel race, western pleasure, chase cows, trails, and a little jumping myself. She won a lot of jumping awards, and last summer I won the jackpot for team penning on her 3 times in a row!

Mesarun002.jpg

staring down cows before our round...

Jackpot009.jpg

Mesarun0262.jpg

she likes stickin her tongue out.

silverspurstuff002crop.jpg

and this is our favorite way to ride.
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
(tack? what is tack? i don't like tack, who needs tack!)

CharmcarnMesabareback011crop.jpg

CharmcarnMesabareback017.jpg

the day i took these pics a little 6 year old girl that boards there saw and went running to her mom saying "Mom!!! Alex is riding Mesa with just a leadrope!!!!!" and her mom said "Oh it's okay... Mesa's a very special horse."
default_wub.png
Everyone at the barn just absolutely loves her.

sorry for massive amount of pics!!!!!!!!!!

This is my 23 year old 16h thoroughbred gelding Jay Jay(Jay Jay the Gentle Giant). He is so sweet he lets my younger brother and sister climb all over him and he stands solid as a brick wall.
default_wub.png

100_4348-1.jpg

I caught him taking a nap.

100_4664.jpg

100_4665.jpg

this is my Quarter Horse mare Blazes Lady My daughter is riding her.

100_0755.jpg

This is sunny eating Apples.

100_0266.jpg

334264351.jpg

This is Wonder Buck. She is a 5 year old walking mare. This wonderful girl has helped me get back in the saddle! She is one of those rare horses that will take care of her rider, so solid and trustworthy! We have recently reentered the show ring and got 3rd in a class of 22 our first time out!

334264437.jpg

Five Diamond Ritz, 9 year old walking mare...retired from the show ring and beginning her broodmare career.

334264429.jpg

Dee, 14 year old walking mare, big puppy dog and my son's favorite!

This is my big guy-all 11.2 hands of him
default_rolleyes.gif
. He's my future driving pony. He's got some awesome action to him.

P1010029_000001_edited.jpg

Copy_of_Copy_of_Chrome_0141.jpg

Copy_2_of_Chrome_0131.jpg

Amanda

This is Cleo, my 16hh TB mule.

cleo02.jpg

This is Miss Checkers, aka Stardust. She is a bomb proof 16hh Paint mare that we got for my husband to learn how to ride.

stardust03.jpg

Then this is Cheval, a Pintabian that hates men but follows hubby around everywhere. She is green broke with about 90 days pro training on her. The idiot was abusing her so she was pulled from him. They say she is awesome in an arena setting but I haven't had that opportunity yet.

cheval.jpg

She likes to hang her tongue out too.

cheval05.jpg

WOW!!! That is truley amzing the bond you have with that mare Alex, she is lookin really good she must be really special but then again all horses are special nice horses evryone
default_yes.gif

I love everyones horses, i is fun to see the big guys every once on a while too!

This is Geronimo, a 15hh arab. He was my first horse and I cannot believe that we've had him for 11 years now, it seems like yesterday! This picture was taken when he was 18 years old. When he was young he was shown in arab shows, stood as a stud, raced on the arab circuit, did endurance, and trail riding. I showed him in 4-H in english and western, but he had never jumped or done dressage until we moved to Ky. At 17 he and I learned to event together, and now at 22, he is "retired" but could still be out there doing it all if I had more time.

img080.jpg

This is Continental Affair (Connie). She is my 16hh (on a tall day!), 11 year old, TB eventing mare. She loves jumping and is definently the boss around here!

Mid-South200719.jpg

This is Black Pearl (Sparrow). She is a 7 year old 12.3 Connemara/Appaloosa cross and she is my baby! She is so sweet, loves just resting her head on your chest. I use her for mounted games and she is amazing. She was very green when I got her, but is a fast learner and absolutely loves her job! It is so hard to pick a favorite, but she is mine
default_wub.png

IMG_3112.jpg

And Reba, an appedix/ welsh cross. I used to use her for games, but she hated it and was replaced by Sparrow. She does, however, love jumping, and is a natural. She also serves as our packer, I can put anyone on her and trust her not to do anything silly. It is always nice to have one like that around! ( I thought I had a jumping pic on here but i guess I don't, darn)

img081.jpg

Sorry they are big, photo bucket is being tempermental...

Magic, 6 year old APHA gelding,

Magic2-062506-2-1.jpg

(true Magic personality)

IMG_1625.jpg

Joker and Canya, yearling mules,

IMG_1623.jpg

031.jpg

And my 19 year old pony Sasha, not quite a big horse, but not a mini either.

IMG_1635.jpg

Wow everyone's horses are really great looking.

Our big boys..

Rocky, Appy/Belgian cross,..our baby at 2 years old and 16 hands

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3234/247111...34db66971_o.jpg

Milan, Foundation Quarter horse,, 15.1h

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/285261...b924b7b29_o.jpg

Auggie, Appaloosa, 14.3h

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3173/247193...e95d14a4f_o.jpg

Spirit, tricolor pony 13.h[Rescue..only been with us a month}

and Espree, 26 yr old QH 15.3 h

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3285/285261...6143f729a_o.jpg

This is our last big guy..... Graffix, 3/4 Arab Pinto. Richard Shrake signed this photo,

of him, after evaluating him at a clinic.......

We bought him as a two year old, he had his 13 birthday on the 4th of July.

He's pretty much a pasture potato nowdays, since the doctors removed riding

from my bag of tricks after fracturing my neck in 3 places.

He's a great big brother to the minis and has a wonderful mind.

f538d0db.jpg

Here is our small big horse herd....
default_wink.png

Lucky, our Breeding Stock mare~

CD2098.jpg

FamilypicssenttoBabe042.jpg

WestsideLakeride007.jpg

Stormy, our Egyptian Arabian mare~

IMG_1234.jpg

horses020.jpg

Bodacious008.jpg

Ginger, our Quarter Pony mare~

GingerJuly2007016.jpg

FamilypicssenttoBabe060.jpg

she's such a patient lesson horse
default_smile.png
default_rolleyes.gif
~

100_1649.jpg

100_1646.jpg

Shadow, our Morgan gelding~

Shadowandme007.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

And Lucky, Stormy, and Ginger on the trail, (Shadow wasn't trained yet) (and YES Stormy, the Arabian mare, was being ridden with just reins attached to her halter
default_smile.png
)~

FamilypicssenttoBabe045.jpg

Here are my big babies.

This is Sonni. He is a 23yr old QH gelding and he's been a part of our family since he was 8.
100_5534.jpg

This is Kona. She is a 28yr QH mare and she has been a part of our family since she was 16.
100_5535.jpg

This is the two of them playing in the pond

100_5240.jpg

Latest posts

Back