Small horses....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karma Creek Minis

Reaction score
Went out to feed this morning, 630am, and normally my stallion is out from 5pm till 6am to split paddock time because hes black bay I dont want him out to much in the sun, works well and he likes it.. but when i went to feed this morning my 2yr old filly had got in the paddock with him
default_wacko.png
: dont know when? didnt hear a peep! the barn is about 16ft from the house... nothing broken, stall door locked, so she jumped 4ft? :eek: to make matters worse she was more then willing to back up to him :eek:
default_wacko.png
:

okay so my point of this post.... What are the Obstacles your horses had to get through to get to each other?
default_wacko.png
:

OK - here is my story - although this is about a Morgan stallion. End of January 2005 he somehow got the chain off of his gate - jumped two fences and got in with the mares. He was pretty beat up as the mares were not appreciative of his advances. We know that he could only have been in with them for about 10 minutes - so really didn't think much about it as mares aren't normally in heat in minus 30 degree weather in January. Well low and behold - on January 2, 2006 I went down to feed the horses - we hand feed twice a day. I fed the 2 groups of mini's, then fed my kittens in the barn - then went to feed the "big" horses. There was a very wet filly walking by her mom's side. The mom - my riding mare - never looked one bit pregnant - no belly - nothing. Anyway, we named the filly Miracle as too many things happened that shouldn't have - including an unusually warm day when she was born.

Our Morgan stallion was gelded last fall - so no more "Morgan" surprises!!!

Not a horse story But! A neibor had a lab stud and another had a young fem[ about 3 houses down]. they agreed that when the fem reached about three years they would breed them. when the fem was in her first heat cycle the male cought wind of her and was trying everything to get loose. his owner tied him with a strong chain to his dog house , inside his fenced yard. while the owner was at work the stud broke down the fences between the houses and pulled his dog house through three yards tearing up yards, gardens, and fences as he went. when the owners got home there he was still attached to his house.all three owners wanted there fences, gardens, drip systems, and lawns repaired. The studs owner wanted the fems owners to pay half the damages, and when they said not only no but he should be paying for there fence as well he left [ not on good terms].well a couple of months later they had 12 puppys.[ and no registration, he was in no mood to share papers ]. so now my family has a purebred lab, at a bargain price.[ less the papers, not that I care as I wont breed anyway]. DR.

Latest posts

Back