Shows in the Tri-State Area (MD,DE,NJ & VA)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniNHF

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one knew of any miniature shows, dont necessarily have to be rated, that would be in the tri-state area. I know of the one in Harrington DE and the Club one in VA. I only know where all the big horse shows are haha not the mini ones.

Since im new to showing miniatures I would like to get my feet wet to see what him and I both would be good at. He has been to Nationals and Worlds for halter at least so he is not new to the show scene.

There are 2 in Harrington DE 1 in July and the other in May I think.There is also a circuit in DE/MD Eastern Shore/Western Horse Show Association that has 5 or 6 shows every spring and summer and they offer several classes for Minis.If you contact Nina O'Bryan at [email protected] she will have info regarding all shows.Nina is located north of Dover near Cheswold.

There are 2 in Harrington DE 1 in July and the other in May I think.There is also a circuit in DE/MD Eastern Shore/Western Horse Show Association that has 5 or 6 shows every spring and summer and they offer several classes for Minis.If you contact Nina O'Bryan at [email protected] she will have info regarding all shows.Nina is located north of Dover near Cheswold.
Thank you for the info
default_smile.png
I will have to send her an email.

I think there is also a Mason Dixon club that has a couple of shows. I don't have any info for them, but maybe someone else will.

My miniature horse club has 5 shows a season in Thurmont, Maryland. Here's the link to the club's website.

http://themdmha.com

I am biased but we have great shows and great people at our shows.
default_yes.gif
We are a recognized AMHR club, though we are not holding any sanctioned/rated shows at this time. We do have yearly awards based on points earned during the show season. You don't have to be a member to show but you do have to be a member to participate in the points/year end awards. We use carded judges.

Our first non-pointed show is the Fun & Fuzzy show on April 13th. I call this the "knock out the cob webs" show. Most people do not clip or only clip head/neck for this show. We've included some "fun" classes this year. This show is the time to ask the judge for what he saw or didn't see in your horse or you as a handler. I plan to be there to help.

Our first pointed show is May 4th. This will be my 4th season with the club. I can't wait to get together with all my miniature friends again for another fantastic season of showing.
default_firstprize.gif

If you can branch out to NC, there are more options I think.
Agree-- the East Coast Miniature Horse Club is very active. They have 2 rated shows: Spring Fling (lots of fun) and Summer Classic along with 1-2 fun shows--Easter Show and Spooktacular (loved it) .

There is also AMHR show in NJ organized by Garden State Club. Nina O'Brien will know about that one as well. The show usually has 3 judges and this year it will be held on June 14. Maybe we will see you there!

thank you for all the feed back everyone. in a few years I will be living in SC so I will be looking for shows in the Carolinas then :D

Back