Showing Modern Pleasure and Classic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponygirl

Reaction score
:new_shocked: I thought it was against the rules to show a pony as a Classic and then as a Modern Pleasure at the same show on the same day?????? Am I wrong about this????? I was checking the show results and there is a horse that won Reserve Grand Champion Gelding in Classic and then won Grand Champion Gelding in Modern Pleasure at the same show in Area Three on 5/20....!!!! Plus, it was a three-judge show!!!Please correct me if I am wrong!!!! I have a gelding that I would love to show as a Classic and then as a Modern Pleasure at the same show!!!!!

HI Mary,

You are correct you cannot cross enter at the same show.

Now, there are a lot of problems on the system right now with classes and the new show program. Ruth Cimiatta was the show manager for that show. Anyone that attended the National Area 3 show needs to look at your horse's placings and be sure all of their classes are listed. We have found out that even though the show manager has submitted the proper paperwork there are some classes being enter incorrectly or omitted all together.

Karen Shaw

Show Committee Chair

ASPC/AMHR Club of N Texas

Pages 127-128, Part 13-B & C of the 2005 Rule Book is what you're looking for, Ponygirl.

I have another related question - I thought I read somewhere in the rule book that a Pony could could switch divisions (i.e. Classic to Modern or Modern to Classic) once in their career. So if you show a pony one year in Classic divison, then show it in Modern Pleasure, you can never show it as a Classic again.

Can anyone point me to a statement in the rulebook that says you can or can't change divisons and how often? No offense meant, but I'm only interested in what the rule book says on this one .... (Just the facts, Madam! :bgrin )

Thanks!

I've been avidly reading the Rulebook from cover to cover lately and I've never heard of that. Kinda makes sense I suppose... but really what if the owner is just dumb and can't figure out the correct "type" the pony is? And what if the pony matures weird and goes through an awkward stage and goes off type? And I think how they are trained and shown makes a lot of difference in what "type" they are... the same way a horse or pony can show as Park, Pleasure, or Country Pleasure... "Type" just isn't black and white enough.

Andrea

Latest posts

Back