Show Time -8Th area Regional

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryrose

Reaction score
Hope to see you at our regional show in June:

Pacific Crown Shetland Pony and Miniature Horse Club

Announces

8th Area Regional Triple point show

"Welcome to Hollywood"

The Place Where Stars Are Born

June 1st -4th, 2006 at Tacoma Unit#1 in Spanaway, WA.

Judge: Gary Edds from Vincennes, IN

Show Secretary: Barbara Hento Bellingham, WA

Show Manager/Coordinator : Donna Winton

Ring Steward: Sharon Bullington

Announcer: Mark Bullington

Show Steward: Trish Reiter

Gate Manager: Gwen Rinkle

Class List and entries are on the web at:

http://pacificc.brinkster.net/events.html

Entries are due by May 17th. Get your stalls reserved and get ready to show!

For more show info contact Donna Winton, 360-264-2547 or email at

[email protected]

Yayyyy I got my premium book in the mail today!

I WISH like heck it was at Elma. Last year the stalls at the Unit were so grubby, let's hope they've improved over the Winter.

I am pretty excited about the show staff, but we'll miss LaVon anyway. Barb does just fine, too.
default_smile.png

Even my HUSBAND noticed this past weekend, at Sea Tac, how much more smoothly and easily a show runs for the exhibitors when we have our "favorite" show staff in place (Bullingtons, Gwen, Frank and LaVon).

We're truly spoiled around here.

I know we'll be there, just don't know how many horses I'm bringing right now. Likely three.
default_smile.png

Liz

There must have been one barn really bad last year. Usually don't have problems at Tacoma with stalls.

Had so many exhibitors that stall space was limited.

Has Elma got cover over the outdoor arena area or where you first enter the arena? I haven't been there for a year and know it was planned.

Yes, Mark keeps us on our toes and I can't manage a show that doesnt have Gwen at the gate! We keep trying to get her in the show ring as she does love to drive but then what would we do? Those two kids of hers are going to show us all up in the next few years.

[SIZE=14pt] Yay sounds like fun!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Cheryl,, I thought that Lee Crutchfield was judging though? Weird!

Yes we had the GROSSEST stalls last year. They must have taken up the mats to do some work, and they had sifted dust under them. Well it was powdery fine and in everything. I even took my weanlings home early because I was scared of them breathing the dust like that.

I am sure it will be better this year!

We thought it was going to be Lee but he also ended up with a clinic I believe that weekend so wasnt confirmed yet when I thought it was.

Gary Edds will be a new judge for us out here so fun to see how we do.

I certainly hope we have better luck with your stalls this year. Also pray for NO rain this time.

Won't be at that show...........but yes Crabby, my stall was horrible, and leaked horribly................I really DO NOT like that facility, that is just my beef though.

Thanks to all of you for the kudos. Another thing about Gary Edds you may want to keep in mind is that he is the Futurity Judge for this years AMHR National Show in Tulsa.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Mark & Sharon

I got my premium on Tuesday, now I can't make up my mind between going to the driving trial in Oregon I was going to do or going to this show instead! Gosh knows gas prices make Tacoma more appealing than Oregon. But then again, Kody hates being stalled anyway so if the facilities are going to be nasty...hmm. Is anyone close enough to run and see if the stalls have improved?

Leia

I remember our stalls last year, I was by Nootka & the Crabby Chickens & the stalls were awful, and I couldn't figure out why we were paying as much as everyone else, considering we basically were barely covered & had to have long extension cords to do any clipping & to top it off, had to literally have the horses jump in and out of the stalls (atleast my horses...) it was awful!! It rained & had a nice big puddle in front of two of my stalls...yep, it was something to remember, I do know I left early, because I didn't want to keep the horses in those dusty icky stalls any longer than I had to.

I am not sure if the stalls have improved or not, and with the price of fuel, I am not sure I will show there this year or not. I am still waiting on the new baby foal arrival anyway, so until that miracle happens, I haven't thought too far into the future..haha.

Latest posts

Back