Show Halters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What color(BKM) wise would you select as an overall color for ANY color horse?(Talking about the one

• Turquoise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue

• Pink

• Purple

• Hunter

• Burgandy

• Other

• I don't think BKM PATENT halters will work for every horses head shape

• Total voters

T.C. Miniature Horse Farm

Reaction score
We are show halter shopping,so want to buy just the right ones for our horses.Thanks in advance,can't wait to see the results! :aktion033:

Primary colors of the horses we show are:Grey(like almost white) Sorrel,Bay,and then a blue roanish appy with spots! So as you can see we have a variety,and only want to buy 1-2 of each size for starters. :bgrin

Well I voted but it really doesn't answer all the questins all the time.

It takes years to collect them but I have a bag full of halters and still I have to buy halters each year as I am very picky about it looking just right.

I prefer silver or gold accents and really like a lot of the halters that have both on them.

I do have a couple of the patent nosebands and use them on some bigger horses.

If you are set on the patent then stick with a basic color. I have found that blues look good with most horse colors. I have a burgundy one and it looks good with most horses as well.

The sorrel and bay may look better with gold and the grey and blue roan would look better in silver.

You are smart to start with something you can use on several and go from there later.

As far as jumping and performance, the western style halters are better for this. I have seen the cable halters come off too many times in a jumping class. You can start with a nice nylon overlay halter though if money is an issue.

Have fun!

I voted, but for my money instead of BKM halters, for most horses, I'd go for the Victor halters which are actually less expensive and I like them better. I have one horse that I choose a BKM for, since he looks best with ferrules vs. conchos, but for all my others, they have Victors.

www.victorcustomtack.com

I really like BKM halters to show in and have several sizes and colors. I prefer one per horse when i show so i do not have to adjust between classes, etc. I watch for sales, ebay, etc and have found some good buys.

I also have one billy royal with a decorated silver noseband and i love it on my blue roan pinto stallion.

jennifer :saludando:

I have not voted yet as I have two different opinions. If you are going to

buy two halters I would buy one with the gold fittings and one with the silver.

I think the greys and blacks look better in silver and the sorrels look better in

gold . As far as the nose bands the burgandy looks good on all colors and the

solid black is a safe color for all colors too. We have four different sizes and

we could still use some more options in colors and sizes. We only show 2 or

3 horses at a show most of the time. Maryann

Just got my new Ozark Mtn. catalog and you might want to check out a new halter they are selling. It's made my Lutke harness. It comes with two nosebands, one plain and one (your choice) with emboridery. It also uses a chin strap instead of the chin chain and they advertise it as usable for performance as well as halter. The price is very good too.

Wish I hadn't just bought a new older style at Natl's.

Just got my new Ozark Mtn. catalog
When did u get urs. i just sent for one and they were all out. Hmm, must be in the mail.

Anywho

I personally (although I do not have any minis I am color inclined) prefer to have silver accents on all horse colors except chestnut, sorrel and reg. Bays. I find that looking at the Hobby Horse Color Wheel, helps me.

Here i have the link to it right here

Hey ya'll thanks! and thanks about the tip for the victors,I am one that doesn't have lots of money just floating around! Thanks everybody though! :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back