shake, rattle, and roll

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Oklahoma has had 4 earthquakes this weekend. Yeah, that's what I said, earthquakes in Oklahoma!

We are used to tornados but earthquakes?

I was sound asleep last night when the 5.6 magnitude earthquake that was centered about 30 miles from us nearly shook me out of bed.

It was not expected at all and was felt as far away as Missouri.

We have a few dead trees that fell when it shook the crap out of them. I guess the people that have been out here taking them out for firewood will have an easier job of it.

Did anybody from central OK have any damage?

Glad to hear it wasn't worse for you, Mary...I've seen the news reports and been wondering if everyone from the forum who is in the area was OK, and hoping they are!

Scary stuff, some of Nature's 'events' of this year...fires, tornados, drought for some while others are being flooded, heavy snow out of season, and the damage resulting, earthquakes...sometime seems like Nature gone mad!!

Margo

I felt it! Felt like someone kicked my chair.... but the doggies were NO where close! Then I noticed the chandolier rocking....eewwww. VERTIGO!!

Called my son who lives 40 miles from epicenter. He said the whole house shook; it lasted about 30 seconds. He said they got a knot in the gut, wondering if it would go on, if there would be more, if it would get worse. Cat was upset but not the dogs.

We live west of the epicenter. Our area is in mountains and we dont' feel the tremblers. But north of us, along I40 they feel them.

Being from CA, I grew up with them. I often feel slight quakes here in OK.

Last night I was sewing at my huge desk when it dipped out from under me. Then for about a minute I felt the earth gently going back & forth. Kinda fun to me.

The quakes in CA are the more up & down jolting kind. I've been through plenty!

Mary was who I thought of first! I knew they were very near her!

Latest posts

Back