Sending in Deceased Paperwork

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keri

Reaction score
What do you need to do to send in a horse's paperwork after they have passed??? I lost my yearling boy yesterday at the vets. He had an allergic reaction to the anethesia given to him for his gelding procedure. We're heartbroken. I just want to send his paperwork in to be stamped so that they aren't putting any restrictions on his paperwork later on (permanent, etc.).

Keri I am So sorry; That's very scary
default_no.gif

*hugs
default_wub.png

So sorry to hear about your boy, its always a hard blow to lose one, but a young one with its life ahead of it is even harder.

All you need to do is send the original certificate to AMHA with a letter stating what happened and that you would like the certificate back. they will stamp the certificate deceased and send it back to you.

Forgot to add he was AMHR reg. Is it the same for them as AMHA???

I can't help you with the paperwork, but I wanted to say I am so sorry you lost your boy. (((hugs)))

I don't know about AMHR when it comes to that. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you lost your little guy.
default_sad.png

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

default_no.gif
Sorry for your loss.

Both registries will stamp his papers as deceased and send them back to you if you ask.

I went through this with my aged stallion. He crossed the rainbow bridge last summer at the ripe old age of 24. I sent his papers to both registries along with a copy of his paperwork from the vet for the euthansia. I also asked them in writing to please return his registration papers to me. Both AMHA and AMHR sent them back stamped deceased. Again sorry for your loss...
default_no.gif

Thanks for your condolenscese everyone! It was hard becuase he was our first and only foal we ever bred here and had big plans for him in the performance years.
default_sad.png

Do I need a vet cert. saying what happened to him becuase he wasn't euthanized?? Or can I just write a letter saying what happened and ask them to return his papers after they are stamped???

Sorry for your loss and yes as far as I know both registeries will send you back your papers if you ask for them.

Joyce

I'm so sorry for your loss, Keri, that's awful!
default_sad.png

I don't think you need "proof" of death, just letting the registry know should be enough. {{{hugs}}}}

I sent the information people at AMHR an email tonight just to be sure. I wouldn't think you'd need proof of death, but I've never had experience with this either. Thanks!

I am so sorry for you loss. I have sent in paperwork when I had a mare cross the rainbow bridge and I just included a letter stating that she had passed away. I am not sure I even put the date. I think I did. I then got the papers back stamped deceased. I waited until I was sending in more information before sending it in.

Back