self tanners for face?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winchester Farms

Reaction score
last year i just went tanning, which i know is a no-no, so this year i thought id buy a self tanner that doesnt streak (which was what i was afraid of). I was looking at the one made by Jergens, but are there any you can also use on your face? or is it just body stuff? I also have super sensitive skin, so Im a little afraid to just slap it on my face and see what happens!
default_rolleyes.gif

Good ? I was wondering the same thing about the Jergens cause I don't sun anymore. I "think" they make a face one and a body one, but not positve. Wish I could give you the answer, maybe someone will see this and give us the answer, HEY ALL, anyone used JERGEN lotion that tans????????????
default_saludando.gif
TJ

Last edited:
I think your best bet would be to invest in keeping regular appointments at a salon for spray on tanner.

I dont know about any you can buy at stores but I do know that my skincare (Arbonne ) is great-doesnt break you out and it looks natural.. Its so easy. It is a spray, you spray on your hands and rub on face.. Or spray on your body and rub in..

I will say I use thin rubber gloves (like doctors use) to apply it then do my hands last so no dark colored palms. No matter what kind you use your palms will get darker faster as the skin is different, more porous...

I have and have used the Jergens but not faithfully so I don't emember how it was, sorry. I used it on my legs, didn't try it on my face.

I am a hairstylist , and have done it all tried them all.

FOAMS...definatly streak

TANNING BOOTH SPRAY ON TAN...great , but if your hit with a sprinkeler or a bit of rain within the first few hours you will have spots

DOVE, and SHIMMER TAN loations ...not very strong , and when they do wear off its uneven

best product out there for legs , and face is CLARINS it will NOT fade in spots or with a scaly look, and it is strong enough that you will have your tan within 4 to 6 hours, you can re apply the next day without streaks, and it does NOT stain your sheets or clothes.

I say go with Clarins

good luck , and good for staying out of the sun,

PS I got a skin fungus from the tanning beds , even though I cleaned it ..I went about 6 times once for a special occasion , and my dermatologist said this was probably from a tanning booth if I had been in one recently...soooo even though you think they are clean...and you clean them watch out

Last year I used L'Oreal "sublime bronze" for face. It came in light/medium/dark. Had read good reports and was pleased with the product. It has two sections in the bottle and when you press the plunger you get 2 streams, which you blend together in your hands and apply. It provides a tanner for a few hrs off and an instant bronzer, so you have a little color quickly, which deepens later.

Had no problems, it wasn't streaky, oily, skin was soft, etc. Seems it lasted a couple days, longer if I used it for a few days in a row. Let me say this, I am not one to wear a great deal of makeup, so that "daily use" wasn't more than a couple days at a time
default_rolleyes.gif
I did use it on my neck and upper chest so that my tank tops showed "tan" skin. It was great to help with those strap lines, areas where one side of face had tan and other was in the shade -- you know?
default_wacko.png

We should all be so lucky as to be able to be airbrushed
default_laugh.png

Back