Seeking ideas for stall display at MA Equine Affaire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
We rented a stall in "C" Barn at the Mass Equine Affaire (West Springfield, MA Nov 11-14)as a way to showcase minis in general and, of course, promote the ones we have for sale. As luck would have it, the sickness going through our herd since mid-August has not left and we cannot get a health certificate (nor would I want one at this point, as I would not wish this on anyone!). Our plan now is to use the stall as a way to promote minis in general, and a place for people to stop in and relax. We plan to have plenty of photos of minis in action (we have lots!), an almost life size framed photo of Max as a foal, a laptop and photobook with more photos and videos, a handout, chairs, tables and maybe light refreshments. I would love to hear your ideas about what else to include and would especially appreciate suggestions for our handout. And of course, if you are planning to visit the MA Equine Affaire, I would love to have you stop in. I do not have the exact stall location at this time, but we will be in the aisle with mules, donkeys, shires, spotted drafts and nokotas in the barn next to the Colliseum.

If you would like to comment on the handout (1 page, 2 sides), please post your e-mail address here or else e-mail me at [email protected] with the subject line "handout". I list things you can do with minis but I am sure there are more. And of course the link to Lil Beginnings is provided, along with all the breed registries.

Note that this stall display is totally separate from the three Miniature Horse Clubs which will have a booth in the Breed Pavillion. We would be volunteering there, except we haven't figured out how to be in two places at once!

Do you know anyone who has the "Butterscotch Pony"? That's about the size of a miniature, and you could put a harness, or a show halter on it.

Do you know anyone who has the "Butterscotch Pony"? That's about the size of a miniature, and you could put a harness, or a show halter on it.
Our club Delmarva Miniature Horse Club does the MD Horse Expo and DE Horse Expo.We have a pen with a live horse and a small TV with a constantly running CD of Minis. Driving,jumping, costume etc.It always attracts people to our booth.I think the registries have loaners you might be able to get.Just contact Jhonnie Robb at ASPC/AMHR and Allison I think at AMHA.Expos are lots of fun and you can really educate people.We also hand out literature with cost to keep one, care required, contacts for supplies(since many people don't know where to get tack) and of course contact info for LilBeginnings and Chances Mini Horse Rescue.

I can't wait for the Equine Affaire! I am going on Thursday and Sunday I think.
default_smile.png
Bummer that your horses can't attend, I'd have loved to meet them

Your ideas sound great! Maybe contact a few tack companies like Chimacum and Ozark for some of their catalogs to have out....maybe see if the people w/ Miniature World Showcase magazine would send you some old copies to handout...

Maybe bring your show cart to have on display...

Angie

Some good ideas - thanks! I will see if I can find a Butterscotch pony. I remember when it first came out remarking that it looks just like our Ruby. I am planning to take a foal size halter and perhaps some other tack. I measured the photo and it is about 2/3 life size, so that should help too. The booth in the Breed Pavillion should have a live mini and AMHA info - e.g. handouts and videos. I will try to find out what they will have available. Handing out old magazines is a great idea but I don't know about Miniature World Showcase now that they no longer publish.

Hanging a mini halter next to a full size or even draft one if you can find one is always interesting.

Also for size comparison, have "hoofprints" scattered around the room! Get the minis, a big horse and preferably a draft to step on some butcher paper with paint on their shoes or hoofblack or something and use it for a point-of-interest size comparison. Or heck, borrow a mini from someone there, paint its hooves and walk it into the stall so it leaves a "trail" for people to follow. That would be really cute.

Leia

Latest posts

Back