Seeking Experienced Show Buddy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horsin Again

Reaction score
Hi there- Well after a short rest from the Miniature Horse World I am getting back into showing. My goal is NATIONALS Next Year. However it has been about 5 years since I went to Nationals and I have only been once. I am seeking someone who has "Been There, Done That" and can help me in my quest. A Friend, A Confidant, and someone that I can cry on and heaven forbid Vent too ! I will be there for you too, I live in Southern Indiana and just acquired a Mini Gelding from Dennis Dodson at UNO Miniatures in AR. I want to Show in Halter/Driving. I have show experience and I am always learning everything I can, I am a working mother of 2 girls (Who show also) and I have a goal in life. So if we have anything in common, lets talk

Looking forward to meeting you..

Shannon

Shannon,

Welcome BACK to Minis!
default_saludando.gif

I don't live in your area, but may I suggest that you track down a mini horse club in your general area? The clubs are a great way to locate "show buddies". Take a look at the Breeders List here on L.B. for breeders within a day's drive from you and give them a call. Find out if any of them show.

Another thing that I'd recommend is to locate a mini horse trainer in your area (the breeders can help with that) and find out if he or she will work with you and your daughters over the winter.......for a fee, of course. The off season is usually a time when trainers are willing to give lessons and do clinics.

It sounds like you are doing the right thing to get back into the swing of things.......Wish you all the best!

Ma---

Welcome back to the show world. We have been to Nationals twice now and had an absolutely great time both years. Not sure we are the "Been There, Done That" people, but are always willing to help people out when we can.

Where in Indiana are you from? We are in Kentucky about 1 hour 15 minutes from Louisville. I am originally from Indiana.

There is a miniature club that we belong to called the Bluegrass Miniature Club. There are a lot of nice knowledgeable people in this club. Some located in Indiana. There is also one called I.K.I. Miniature Horse Club. We know lots of nice people in it also, although we don't actually belong to this one. They put on a really nice. easy going show in April that we always go to.

If I can be of any help to you feel free to contact me.

Donna

Great to hear your getting back into Miniatures.
default_aktion033.gif

Since your located in Southern IN you may be interested in the I.K.I. Miniature Horse Clubs Fun Show that will be held Saturday, October 3 at the Vanderburgh (Evansville), IN 4-H Center indoor arena. I have attached a copy of the show information. I will be taking 2 of my show fillys for anyone that would like to participate that does not have a horse. If you have any questions please contact me.

IKI_Fun_Show_Class_List.doc

Attachments

• IKI_Fun_Show_Class_List.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back