Second Day Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Ariel was a little more of a pill today to start out with. She does tire quickly right now but with more work she will get her stamina back. I do believe that Ariel prefers carting outside in the open as opposed to the Arena. Hoping later in the season to get her out on some nice country roads where there is very little traffic. Then the girls will be able to load up and go to the beach for a good time. She knows all her cues and voice commands. I believe they will be body clipping her very soon as she gets very sweaty very quick with all that hair. We have more than enough blankets to keep her plenty warm and dry so that isn't a problem at all.

It was a fun weekend for me and now I'm considering starting ground driving Duckie and getting her trained to drive so the girls will have two mares to take and enjoy when they want to go do some trails and such.

Here is Duckie I know you have all seen her before, and a picture of Erin in the cart. It was darker yesterday so not as good of pictures as day before.
default_no.gif

ArielandErincartFeb28th2010.jpg

Duckiecroppedheadup.jpg

Duckie is 37" tall and should be able to do what ever kind of driving we would choose for her. She is very calm not much bothers her. With her it will be just convincing her to walk away from me. She is an in your pocket horse. Super sweet and always wants attention.

You could try a harness clip (and blanketing) on them instead of a full one. I have had horses stand miserably hunched-up and shivering under two and three blankets including polar sleezies, as late as May, after I clipped them thinking I was doing them a favour. :-(

Thanks Sue, I actually suggested that to the girls. My daughter feels it is better to just body clip her and blanket her. It is so warm this year in the Pacific Northwest. It's now March and getting warmer for the normal temps this time of year. We will see I don't expect them to clip her real soon anyway. My two mares here at home are just dropping their coats like crazy. I am having to use the shedding blade on them every day and get piles and piles of hair. I myself prefer the harness clip but they are the ones who have to take care of Ariel on a daily basis.

My daughter actually owns her now.

Marie

I had a great time driving Ariel. I am a bit jealous that Duckie will be going into training, I only wish I could afford to put her brother thru it (my stallion, Chip -- who is also Ariel son). Looking forward to the road trip hauling The Duck up to Washington in a couple weeks. We girls do like out road trips. Although its dangerous sending us up there with a trailer. We might fill it up on the way home... Just sayin'.
default_risa_suelos.gif
I can't speak for Vicky, but I would love to make a couple beach trips this summer with the horses. CDEs in the future will be a blast too.

Oh Erin, you know you will get a chance to drive Duckie, even if Chip isn't able to go with her to the trainer. Besides Duckie doesn't want him there. After all he thinks he's all that! You do however look good in the cart. As for the beach trips you and Vicky can arrange that. Don't forget the one up under the Longview Bridge. Last I heard no motorized vehicles allowed.

Latest posts

Back