Searching for offspring of BHR BIG JACK and DAYTONA'S MINUTE II

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farina

In Remembrance
Reaction score
I have bought a mare by these two horses and I would like to DNA her. I don't think that these both horses are DNA'd theselves so I would love to get hairs of foals of this two mentioned horses to get the DNA of them both. I need at least 4 foals each.

If you have foals of these please contact me at j.rintisch (at) gmx.de

Thank you!

very interesting - I didn't realize that could be done through other offspring of the same breeding pair. We purchased a 2 year old mare last year. She had never been registered but had all the appropriate paperwork. Because she was 2 the office said we had to DNA her. Went back to her breeder to learn her mother had died and was never DNA'd therefore we were told only way was to hardship her. Can you explain the search for foals and how that's going to work for you please? Might be something we can try .... assuming you are referring to AMHA. Thanks

I have talked to a german DNA laboratory and they told me that I would have to get samples of four foals per parent so they could extract the DNA of them. In theory one suffice but statistically you would need four.

I am referring to just DNA, I don't think that there is one DNA per registry... ;)

Just so its clear, this is to actually Parent Qualify right, any horse can be DNA'd but you want to prove that her parents are who they said they are.

Yes - if you have 4 children of one person you can extract the DNA because every child gets 1/2 of the DNA of said parent. So you have to get four to have to sets of each half. If you are lucky then of the one child compared to "my"child there is a match and you can say one parent is the same.

But of course if every one cheated with the parents of their foals this test will point nowhere...

Latest posts

Back