Scum Surfing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail

Reaction score
I went Scum surfing tonight!!! Yippeeeeee!!
aktion033.gif

You say, "What's scum surfing?" Well I'll just tell you.

First I'll start out by telling you that we live on a portion of the farm my Greatgrandfather bought in ?, well, along time ago. Anyway from the first memories of this farm, what is now our pasture, was a pig lot. Pigs have a habit of digging up the first foot or so of soil and looking for food. After several years of this, the top layer gets so thin and well worked that when it rains it can become very slick. When you add horses to that mixture, things can get almost unmanagable. After a day of steady rain on top of several days rain before, it was ankle deep and not fun tonight.

When I went to shut the yrlings in their stall I decided they needed clean water for the night. I removed the large flatbacked bucket and took it outside the stall door to pitch it out away from the barn. As I gave it a mighty swing, I realized that I had the bucket without any ribbing on the bottom. Unfortunately my brain forgot to tell me to just let go of it!
no.gif
The bottom of the bucket slipped out of my left hand and since it was still connected to my right hand, made a wide arch to the North followed very shortly by my body!
new_shocked.gif
Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.

Envision this! One lg fat lady laying ( or should I say sliding), in about 6" of muddy poop!
wacko.gif
That picture alone should provide you with a smile to end your day!
biggrin.gif

Well, a good hot shower and a busy washer has put me back in good shape. Nothing broken, nothing bent, just my pride.

Have a good laugh on me. Gary did! LOL
aktion033.gif

LOL
biggrin.gif
it sounds like you could send that in to Marty for the doofus of the month of award
wink.gif

AHHHHHHHHHHH, would you be careful!!!!!!!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

OMG I can just see you laying there in the muck! Hopefully Gary was there to pick up the pieces, GEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!

I'm supposed to be the clutz of the group.
biggrin.gif

KJ

oops, double post
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My guys were very considerate overnight! They even watch around the "splash down site" so I could see exactly where I laned lastnight!
rolleyes.gif
Do you think it was for a reminder?

Perhaps they just wanted an extra day to laugh at mom.
aktion033.gif

oh you just know they were waiting till you left the barn and then howled in laughter over that one

Latest posts

Back