Scraped new cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myminis

Reaction score
I was hauling my cart home from a show and went to pull it out from the trailer and gave it a yank and when I did it scraped the wheel shaft along the side a big oh long scrape and took the black paint and gold pin striping off. Any idea's on how to fix it. I need it for Nationals. Thanks-TJ It's the long black part metal about 15" of the cart there's two of them down by the wheel on each side, and you have them on the cart to make it a roadster cart if you want.

Get out the touch up paint that you get for cars, then start "painting your fingernails". It won't look the original finish, but that is the challenge with painted vehicles. Stained ones are MUCH easier to fix and make look new again. As far as the pinstriping, you may have to see if you can get a gold touch up paint or look in the fingernail polish department for something similar. Or just leave it alone. Pinstriping with paint is an art.

When we paint our vehicles, we get small containers of touch up paint with the finished product. It is not a matter of IF you scratch it, but WHEN. That way, you are assured that the paint will match. There are even tons of shades of black.

Myrna

What Myrna said. Walmart sells car "touch up" paint in small (looks like markers) size. Get the black (not flat black) and see if the gold will match. The gold will be the most difficult. The marker size paint have a tip like a pen but they also have a finger size brush inside.

Sorry guy's, I've been off here for awhile. Then I came on and was like OMGOSH I HAVE TO FIX MY CART!!!!!!! Thanks, I'll go to Wal Mart in the next couple of day's and get the paint and give it a try.

Latest posts

Back