schneiders blankets?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leigha

Reaction score
I LOVE schneiders horse wear for my Arab and just bought one for Rayne. Has anyone used them in the past and if so what are your thoughts on them.

I have the blue quilted winter blankets from them (pretty cheap price wise). I buy them in a 48" and then I can adjust to fit most of my minis. Just use a blanket pin on the front if I have to go tighter. Have them for my ponies also. I really like them. And I like that fact that they are very high quality for a very affordable price. I haven't tried the specific miniature blankets. But I like getting my stuff from them. They are quick and easy to deal with and I get my stuff fast!

They have a couple of them for sale now until dec 31st i think it is. Im wanting to get the stormshield turnout. Great post, im also curious about the quality, though I would except high quality from Schneiders.

I have had a couple of rain sheets and fly sheets of theirs... not impressed and dispite what they say, they did not fit my mini's well.

I ended up getting a couple of Tuffrider plaid turnouts and they fit wonderfully and made like the big horse sheets.

http://www.justforponies.com/tuffriderther...anket36-56.aspx

And unlike the Polar sheets/blankets.. there is no static build up.

I have both sizes of the expandable mini blankets and I love the quality of them, they are very warm and fit well to the horses body. The only thing that doesnt work the greatest is the front closure, it tends to drop below the point of the shoulder onto the horses leg and also all of my horses use their teeth and open the front closure and I either find them around their hind legs or in the sawdust. To stop the removal of the blankets I just put a sheet over them but I havent found any way to prevent the front from falling except making it too tight but then it doesnt stay covering all of the hips properly. just my experience but I have bought more of them and use them on the really cold days because they do keep the horses warm.

I LOVE their big horse blankets, but unfortunately their mini gear has never fit my minis correctly. Blankets and sheets drop below the shoulder, rub the chest, and the "cut into" or make indents on the withers. Happens with every size, and ever horse I have tried them on. Their slinky hoods never seem to fit right either, despite me buying one of each size.

For the minis I really like the kensington blankets and heck I forget the other brand. Its a lady who makes them, any color and you pick the trim.

I have both their expandable sheets and expandable blankets in two sizes (they come in, or at least used to come in, a small and a regular). I love them!!! Mine are purple, of course
default_smile.png
I would recommend getting the leg straps they sell, too.

I haven't ordered any of their blankets for two reasons--first, I don't like the adjustable blankets, or at least not that style of them, with the wrap around front and single chest closure. Second, they're such small sizes. I have some smaller blankets for young horses, but my horses mostly mature to be tall B's and a 48" blanket is the minimum size that I need for them. The Kensington blankets in size XL are perfect--they're 46-50 technically but fit nicely on the bigger end of that range. The Schneiders blankets only go up to 48" and I know they would be too tight on most of my horses.

Thank you all so much for your input... I will let you all know how it goes with mine that I ordered in purple. Rayne is going all purple
default_smile.png
I also ordered their halter because I love how delicate they are made. I could only get that in black but that's ok black is a great accent to purple.

question is? which one do I not have? I have used and or own every blanket, big horse and mini and foal, that Schnieders has. great blankets.

I have some of the Schneider mini blankets but don't like them. They don't fit very well and tend to fall below the point of shoulder. I have replaced mine with the Kensington blankets which I love.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back