Sales Contract

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rauchmini's

Reaction score
A few years ago someone posted a sales contract for anyone who wanted to use it, I loved it, but lost my hard drive and no longer have the use of it. If anyone would want to share there's I would love to see it and possibly copy it for my use. Thank you Lynne

I have several times, I'll go get it and be right back! Obviously delete my personal info and insert yours and anything extra you'd like to add or subtract. Has worked for me for the last 6 yrs.

You are agreeing to purchase a horse from:

Woodhull, NY 14898

[email protected]

This contract is for the sale of: ____________________________

Registry & Registration number: _________________________

DOB: __________ SEX: ____________ Height: ______________

COLOR/MARKINGS: _____________________________________

This horse is being sold to: ________________________________

For the purchase price of: _________________________________

If a deposit was made; it was received on: / / in the amount of: _________ with a balance due of: _________

This balance due will be paid before the horse leaves the premises of Diminutive Miniatures.

(for exceptions see pages marked pymt plan)

Seller will be responsible for providing a current bill of sale/right of transport for your chosen transporter, unless otherwise specified.

Note: “Horses sold for $1000 & underâ€, the buyer is responsible for paying for a coggins and health certificate.

The buyer assumes all responsibilities for the purchased horse as soon as it is loaded and ready to go. The buyer will also assume all responsibility for any additional expenses incurred in transit. Ie. Transport, additional feed, housing in case of necessary lay over, vetting in the event of sickness or injury, farrier, etc.

The seller will guarantee a sound healthy horse ready for transporting, but will not take any responsibity for anything from the time the horse leaves Diminutive Miniatures.

Our main goal here is to provide you with a happy, healthy addition to your horse program. All horses leave with current vaccinations, feet trimmed, current coggins, and up to date worming. Dates will be made available at your request.

If we are in agreement, please sign below. Fill in the blanks, and return the original to us, the seller. We are most grateful that you have granted us the pleasure of selling you a special miniature horse. We hope you will stay in contact. Feel free to come back again.

I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS CONTRACT.

Signature of Buyer: _______________________________

Printed name of buyer: ___________________________

Address:____________________________________________

Phone #: ______________ E-mail: ___________________

PAYMENT PLAN CONTRACT

Under special circumstances; monthly payments may be accepted by Diminutive Miniatures.

IF a deposit of: __________ has been paid with a balance due of: __________, the balance shall be paid in consecutive monthly payments of: __________. These payments should be made by bank check (no personal checks) for the amount agreed upon and to be received buy the seller by the date: __________, due on time every month.

Pre-payment of the balance due will be accepted without penalty. No interest on the price of the horse will be charged.

“IF payments become more than 30 days†past due; the seller reserves the right to repossess the horse at her discretion and the buyer will forfeit all money paid to that date. (Return trucking fees will be shared by both the buyer and the seller)

NOTE: Now I realize things called “LIFE†occur from time to time and you may have to be late with a payment. THIS is where a good communication is ESSENTIAL for all of us to be happy. I can be very flexible.

PLEASE NOTE: The cancellation of this contract risks the buyer’s deposit, which may be held by the seller, before the delivery or departure of this horse. (This applies only to those horses that have been contracted to be sold and held by this deposit so as not to be sold to another.) This applies on either our payment arrangement or regular contract.

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR NEW HORSE AND GOOD LUCK!

Please sign this part of the contract also:

Date: ______________________________________________________________

Seller: _______________________________________________________________

Debbie Chapman/Diminutive Miniatures Woodhull, NY

Date:

Last edited by a moderator:
Debbie, do you always ask buyers to pay monthly once a deposit is paid?? I have 2 mares and a 1 month old colt going to 3 different places when weaned and have a deposit for each one but the outstanding balance is to be paid on collection. I didnt ask for that it is just assumed by the buyer, do you think it is better to do it by monthly payments?? Also, what if the horse is only partly paid for and gets sick or worse, who is responsible, the seller or the buyer?? Appreciate your advise/comments.

in my contract for a horse on payments it states that the buyer either has to insure the horse with me as the loss payee (until paid in full) or they have to sign and aknowledge that if the horse should get sick or pass away they still owe the full amount due.

When I write up a sales contract it always states that the horse must be paid in full before leaving my property, whether the buyer pays me monthly or all at once is up to them. For some its easier to pay monthly where others will pay a deposit with more money down and then pay me in full before the horse is picked up.

Latest posts

Back