Running out of ideas on aggressive mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently Ruby has formed her own opinion... maybe she will change it when she feels better! And I agree, Bonnie is wonderful.

Great news!! Lets hope you can soon get Ruby well on the way to recovery - well done Bonnie!

As for you being bad Mummy, I laughed out loud to this - how rediculous, you put most of us to shame!

Mary you are the best horse mommy ever! I hope Ruby gets to feeling better fast.

I am so glad I could help out!

Because I am also an empath I feel exactly what they feel. As soon as I connected with her I got one of the worst headaches I have had in ages. It usually takes seconds to get rid of it, but not this one it took awhile longer.Her sinuses were awful. Poor thing.

She is pretty grumpy as you can imagine.Think of the worst headache you've had, then think of it being in as big a head as they have.

Her patience level was pretty near nil.

I told her she will soon be feeling better.

I also told her she was pretty darn lucky to be with the people she is with.I don't know many that would have tried to find out what was wrong for as long and as hard as Mary did.

So she needs to suck it up and be good!

And also humans aren't for biting!

Hugs

Bonnie

Thank you so much Bonnie!! As others said, you are amazing, and I am so pleased that I have been fortunate enough to meet you in person.

I am going to start Ruby on SMZs today and hope I hear from my vet soon (left phone message and e-mail) about a chiropractor. I am also going to turn her out with Princess this afternoon, who might just be that small black and white friend.... We got them as weanlings at the same time, over 7 years ago.

Ruby is just cross because she is in pain- I know how happy I am when I have a migraine and someone is asking me questions- I can even be accused of being grumpy at these times, though I have NO idea why, apparently attempting to murder someone when you have a migraine (which they insist on calling a headache) is "over reacting"

Who would have thought it?

Tell Ruby you understand but are not going to allow her to hurt you because she is in pain- how would that benefit either of you (believe me, I know, it does not even make you feel better- otherwise there would be more dead people in my neck of the woods)

Sending prayers your way for you and Ruby. Have faith that she will get better and you have done everything possible to figure out what was wrong.

God bless you both.

I think you are awesome for going to great lengths to find out what's going on with Ruby. Not surprised about the vertebrae out, I was about to suggest a Chiropractor when I saw others had and didn't need to. You'll be surprised by how much they can accomplish in just one adjustment.

Mary, I remember when you first got Ruby, what a pistol the two of them. You might want to contact Melanie Greenwood, I think you know her, she is a horse chriopractor or massage therapist. She lives in NH, not far from you. You could even take Ruby to her house, as I know she is very busy with her children and business. I'm sure she can help.

Val
default_xreiter.gif

Hi Val- I did have a massage therapist work on Ruby and she found the soreness on the left side and thought it was from Lyme. My vet knows a chiropractor in MA and he is coming back tomorrow to get more blood to check for Cushings so I will get details. Ruby's dam, Ebony has Cushings, and according to Cindy some of the symptoms are similar - poor appetite, weight loss, and attitude issues. Also, my vet just told me about a new INEXPENSIVE 3 day treatment for Lyme that has been effective in horses, dogs and people. So I may try that too.

Ruby actually seemed a bit happier today but turning her out with her old friend Princess yesterday did not go well at all, Ruby immediately cornered her and tried to beat the crap out of her. And Princess (despite the name) never challenges anyone, wants to get along with everyone, and has always been bottom of the pecking order.

Back