round pen

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaprikorn

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before, but I missed it. I am getting ready to build a round pen to free-lounge in and was wondering what is a good diameter. Thanks for your info.

Sheryl

Ours is 40' and that works good for (lazy) me
default_smile.png
I have lunged my riding horses in a 50' and some minis, but that required me to do more walking
default_biggrin.png
Our round pen:

Round%20Pen%20--%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20014.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20059.jpg
<br style="color: darkviolet;">

Jill, I just want your trees LOL. Would love to have some shade on my round pen.

Jan

Thanks, ladies! I love the trees but when we have thunderstorms, H and I are out at like 4am with flashlights verifying no trees fell on the fence. That's only happened 1x in 12 years, but it's a constant worry to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our new round pen...not sure on diameter (someone good at math can figure this one out...lol). it is 12 8' panels that are 38" tall.

IMG_3969.jpg

Our new round pen...not sure on diameter (someone good at math can figure this one out...lol). it is 12 8' panels that are 38" tall.
If I remember my math right, that would be a 30' pen. Does that sound about right?

LOL...glad someone knows how to calculate that...
default_wacko.png
default_laugh.png

That does sound right by looking at it.
default_yes.gif

I like 40' diameter, but I agree with Sandy if I was doing 2-3 at a time I think it would be too small. Her's sounds better for that. But for one, 40' seemed fine and like Jill said...not as much of an effort for me!
default_wink.png

Place in Oregon... I had a 45' round pen, and that was perfect for mini's.

Here, I have an 80' round pen, thought I won't like it, but I do!

Thanks for all the wonderful input. My round pen is being laid out now !! 40 feet, just need it for my stallion.

Latest posts

Back