round pen design

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attwoode

Reaction score
I'm going to be putting up a round pen. Nothing to expensive and possibly temporary. Of course I've seen the gate panels, but are there any creative ideas for a safe round pen for working minis? Also what are your dimensions?

For a temporary and inexpensive solution - not to mention I did it myself so it didn't require me to hire someone stronger to help... I used "combo panels" and t-posts. Around here they are 16' long and about 5' tall. I used bailing wire to attach them to the t-posts and then used a recipricating saw to cut one of the panels down to 5' long. That section I used as the gate. I used those oblong connectors that have a part that twists to open/close it as the "hinge" on the gate and then chain and double-headed clips to close it. I made mine with a 40' diameter (roughly). It worked well for my purposes.

Good luck.

I would go with a 40' if I had a do-over. Mine is a custom Mini panel one that's 30' and it's too small IMHO. We're relocating it this Spring and I may see if we can enlarge it a bit with some other panels. 40' - 50' would be nice.

I would go with a 40' if I had a do-over. Mine is a custom Mini panel one that's 30' and it's too small IMHO. We're relocating it this Spring and I may see if we can enlarge it a bit with some other panels. 40' - 50' would be nice.

Cattle panels (16'x50") and "T" posts. I put a "T" post every 5 feet as I also use my round pen as an extra turn out area and that way if they rub their rumps they don't bend the fence. I made mine 50 feet as I work both minis and shetlands. In the process of getting my panels attached now. Can do it with one person.

I just have a 62 foot i believe round pen. Its just the horse round pen pannels with a walk through gate panel. I use for minis and for my big horses. Also its nice can move around to make extra turn out spots. We also can pack up stick in horse trailer so when we go camping can take horses with us and we use our round pen then also.

Latest posts

Back