ROMANCE SCAMMERS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myminis

Reaction score
A lot of you don't run ads for meeting someone but maybe you might know of someone that does. I moved to a small town near a big city and I left all my friends from the town I was in, it's really awful, I only know my neighbors and that's it.

I deicded to run a add and meet someone. I got a few but none struck me more then this one and he was a military guy 53 y.o. stationed in Afghanistan

. My girlfriend GOGGLED him and come to find out he's part of a ROMANCE SCAM, SCAMMING WOMEN OUT OF MONEY. http://www.romancesc...php?f=3&t=37133

He wrote me for a week, a lot of what he say's in his scam he say's the same thing in the scam letters he wrote me. He sent me flowers, he said he wanted to MARRY ME...... His name is RICK JOHN TURNER

SO if you know of anyone conversing with this guy tell them to goggle him. It's under RICK JOHN TURNER Yahoo 19577.com that's his handle.

Bad news.

Taylor

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh, there is a scam today for everything. It's very scarey...if these scammers would put in the effort of working a legal job instead of scamming, they'd be very well off, but no...I guess they enjoy cheating people. Crazy world we live in today...aside from financial scams be careful of meeting some psycho that may hurt you. I guess I'm old fashioned, maybe it would be better to meet someone in a bar...lol.

Sadly, there are jerks (scammers) out there for everything these days. You have to be careful when buying/selling horses, finding a roofer, joining forums of any topic and yes, dating. It's a sad state of affairs these days.

But like everything else, there are also good apples in with the bad. I met my boyfriend, Robert, online and I consider myself very blessed to have him in my life. But I guarantee you, before meeting Robert I met ALL types, including some who were most assuredly scammers.

Sorry Taylor Jo. But don't give up!
default_wub.png

The sad thing is that with all the issues going on in todays world it will only get worse. I guess I get lucky cause with a criminal justice background I pick out alot most would miss. My favorite is going into stores and picking out all the plain clothed security.

Now I'm scared to run an ad, I thought I was so smart and being so careful. HA.... He wanted to see the inside of my house by web cam and I thought that was odd, and he'd NEVER answer my questions and that threw a red flag up for me. BUT I couldn't quite put my finger on it. NOT till my girlfriend goggled him with his first, middle and last name. I had goggled him but just with first and last name and came up with nothing. So I was sorta being smart, but not smart enough. Next time I'll go the extra mile. Thanks guy's. I KNEW though, I just knew. NOTHING EVER comes EASY to me. It always comes hard and this was to easy and NOTHING EVER just drops in MY LAP. This was to easy and just to drop in my lap.... HA... It was to UNBELIEVEABLE, I didn't trust it. My gut was telling me, I may say certain things but I won't believe it till I really see the proof.

Wow, a fake name for him I'm sure... and probably not even overseas- just says that so law enforcement can't hunt him down. There are creeps everywhere! Did you report him to the site you signed up on?

Hi TJ, glad you figured him out when you did...before any real harm was done. But please, NEVER show anybody ANYTHING via your web cam. Law enforcement will always say you should never do that. Still pics only. Depending on how savvy you are with your security and setup of your puter, some hackers can actually start up and control your web cam from their location. And you might never realize it.

Be safe!

A lot of you don't run ads for meeting someone but maybe you might know of someone that does. I moved to a small town near a big city and I left all my friends from the town I was in, it's really awful, I only know my neighbors and that's it.

I deicded to run a add and meet someone. I got a few but none struck me more then this one and he was a military guy 53 y.o. stationed in Afghanistan

. My girlfriend GOGGLED him and come to find out he's part of a ROMANCE SCAM, SCAMMING WOMEN OUT OF MONEY. http://www.romancesc...php?f=3&t=37133

He wrote me for a week, a lot of what he say's in his scam he say's the same thing in the scam letters he wrote me. He sent me flowers, he said he wanted to MARRY ME...... His name is RICK JOHN TURNER

SO if you know of anyone conversing with this guy tell them to goggle him. It's under RICK JOHN TURNER Yahoo 19577.com that's his handle.

Bad news.

Taylor
taylor, I'm SO glad your girlfriend was on the ball and found out about this guy! I will never understand how some people can be so morally corrupt that they would do something like this!

I can certainly understand your loneliness. We got married when I was just 21 and left my hometown and my state and moved to Wisconsin, out into the country where the only neighbor I had was a 70 year old lady. My husband worked in another town, so I couldn't even visit other wives because I didn't know them. I was so lonely I thought I'd die. There were times I wanted to go into our dinky little town and stand on the sidewalk with a sign that said, "New in town. Friends needed!" It wasn't until I finished college and then got a job that I started meeting people, but that was 7 years later!

Are there any organizations in your town you could join, like Lions Club or anything at all where you could start getting out and meeting people?

I feel really bad for you, but I wouldn't trust anyone I met online, is there a church you could join, or a civic group? Any horse clubs in the area? Personally I wouldn't know about people met online, I've been married forever, just an old ladies advice, try to met people by face or through friends or known organiztions. It's better to be safe then sorry.

Truly you can get scammed by anyone you meet anywhere, whether it's on line, through a non-internet dating agency, the local singles club, a classified ad in the local paper, someone you met at the bar or even someone's best friend's brother that was introduced to you at the football game last weekend. Sometimes it's easier to "see" the warning signs when you know the person for real than it is to judge someone you know only over the internet. Regardless, there are warning signs, and anything that gives you a bad feeling should be heeded.

Joking comments....easy to wonder if the person is ever serious, when in actual fact the person may be giving you serious hints about his personality--but he makes a joke of it & figures that you'll never suspect it's true. Too many jokes quite possibly mean he is serious about the subject, and isn't just kidding around. Wants to get married after just a week of knowing you? That's just too fast and probably isn't real, especially if you haven't actually met in person.

You said you ran an ad. In the paper? Have you tried the online sites like eHarmony? There are scammers every where but I would make sure to try and use a reputable site. And screen screen screen potential friendships.

Latest posts

Back