ROLL CALL.....Iowa State Fair Mini Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
:saludando: This time next week, is check in time to the Iowa State Fair for exhibitors...... :new_multi: :new_multi: :new_multi:

Sunday August 13th at 8:00a.m the B halter classes are judged.........followed by 7:00p.m driving classes.

Monday, August 14th ..... 34'' and under halter classes start at 8:00a.m ......more driving classes in the evening at 7:00p.m.

More stakes driving classes on Tuesday the 15th.

GREAT mini show, GREAT people and of course our State Fair is a GREAT State Fair
default_firstprize.gif
: to have fun!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Look forward to meeting everyone.....
default_yes.gif
: See ya at the fair!
default_wink.png
:

Sounds like fun. Wish i could but my team will be in a parade following the Budweiser Hitch and other horse and antique machinery on the 13th.

Are you showing? Good luck and get some more ribbons.

Hi Betty :saludando: Yes, I'm showing Rose Monday. Wish you could come, I bet you and your husband would enjoy the Belgian show also (which is going on at the same arena as the miniatures). Sure will be a sight to see for fair goers.....little ones and big ones.

Your parade sounds like LOTS of fun.....be sure to get some pictures and share them on the forum. Looking forward to seeing your team!
default_yes.gif
: Good luck to you too!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* I sure wish we could come Russ. I think we need a road trip for next year. I know Tami and the kids will be there--Devin will be driving Richard Lindahl's team with the hitch wagon. Gabby, of course, will have Sally Banana, my favorite-ist mini Quarter Horse of all!

Give a big hug to Miss Rose, and best of luck. Have a turkey leg and onion blossum for me, OK? Oh oh--and a cinnamon roll. No, make that a pecan roll. and some BBQ, and and....(there is NOTHING like Fair food!!!! :bgrin )

We will be there as you know and first thing Saturday should be a Pork chop on a stick and Cotton Candy! Pam, you need to stop back our way, hit the Iowa Club show and the State Fair. Also I don't know for fact but I heard there will be three hitches driving! Bluebell come on down! Lavonne

Ohhhhh Pork chop on a stick
default_wub.png
: and I forgot the corn dogs and the ice cream across the street from the horse barn!!!!

The Ft Worth Stock Show can't hold a candle to the Iowa State Fair. That's it. Next year!!!

I'll be there(if not at Mayo with my mom). :aktion033: It will seem strange not stalling by the snoring group of men from D.M. :lol: :lol: Russ, you want to show another horse? I will have one. See you next week. The icecream is my favorite!!! dionne

Hi Pam :saludando: OK, we expect to see you next fair!
default_yes.gif
: Thanks for the good luck wishes. I've got to look up the Lassen family and see Sally.
default_smile.png

Dionne, you both better be there!
default_smile.png
Hope your mom is ok? If I can help ya out let me know. Talk to ya at the fair!
default_smile.png

Lavonne.....cotton candy it is but your going to be the one to lock me in a stall after the "sugar high" starts to kick in. :lol: Like I wasn't already hyper before going into the ring :lol:

Loess Hills, my Rose says, tell Sioux City Rose.....hello :saludando: We keep missing each other at shows, maybe we will see each other yet this year.

Ok, thats an order of ......pecan rolls, BBQ, cotton candy, ice cream, funnel cakes, pork chop on a stick, corn dogs, turkey leg, orange blossom and a regular cinnamin roll. Will that be for here or to go??? :new_shocked: Anything to drink? It's going to be a killer to get this food up to Sioux City and down to Prinston,TX but hey if Lavonne feeds me the cotton candy I might make it back to show on time. :lol:

Gotta love the state fair food! But if we eat this all on day one could someone bring the GASTOGUARD?
default_wink.png
: There will be no need to tube me with mineral oil. :lol:

Well I have been wanting to head up to this show for a couple years...........but something always seem to interfer with plans. This year I will be at Tunica, MS at the Sam's Town Show Down!

Russ and everyone showing - GOOD LUCK.

You can eat me a fried twinkie or fried snickers or fried oreos any of those good "gross" things

I hope to make it over to see everyone. I'm NOT going to plan it this year because whenever I do something always happens
default_sad.png
. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I'll get there.

Russ I admire your enthusiam for showing :aktion033:
default_firstprize.gif
:

I'm afraid to try even on a local level.

I will be there but. Im going to have a easy show just drivinf this year I may put dancer in halter donnt know yet.I have drink request for you Russ :472: I here someone is not happy stalling by us so we are going tobe on or best behavior
default_wink.png
:

Cyndi.....hope you can make it to the fair. AND if I can try showing.....I know you can too! Just keep it fun and keep a good sense of humor. The rest kinda comes as you go along.
default_yes.gif
:

Erica, that's a fried twinkie, oreo and snicker. I gotta eat? Well, maybe if I've got a can of Dr. Pepper to wash it down. :lol: I can hear the judges now, SIR.... PLEASE TROT YOUR HORSE :lol: Yeah right, I just ate this fair food and I'm having a Malox moment! :new_shocked:

Hey Russ from Nebraska, you tell whoever isn't happy stalling by you.......If they pick on ya.....our group over yonder is going to be all over them like "stink on a monkey".
default_yes.gif
:
default_wink.png
: :lol: Got that stink on a monkey phrase from an ole Seinfeld episode.

You better do halter with Dancer and get after it in the ring, I NEED you to win the nice purple ribbons so I can pose my horse Rose with your ribbons! :lol: :bgrin Rose could pass as a little Dancer twin.
default_yes.gif
:

We all will be on our best behavior. That is unless those rowdy SISTERS from Eastern IA are a bad influence on us farm boys. :hypocrite: :lol: just kidding Sisters

We will be there with 11 - Ben will be showing his regular show string of 6 along with bringing 5 weanlings. Yes - it has been confirmed - we are crazy.

It will be a vacation for us - we won't be stalled by Russ from Nebraska. Sorry Russ, I just had to say that, it has been fun all year putting up with you. If you aren't showing halter - What about the Monkey connection?

Good Luck to everyone and Have Fun

Hi Rolene, good luck to your family too!
default_smile.png
It will be a fun fair!

Looking forward to hearing more about the "FAMOUS Monkey" line and hopefully some stories. :bgrin

What about the Monkey connection?

Good Luck to everyone and Have Fun

Latest posts

Back