Rest In Peace Dear Friend...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Hello,

It is with a very heavy heart that I share the sad news of the passing of a lifelong family friend, Mr. Bill Long. For those who may remember, Bill's Gospel singing group, The Floridians, are the ones who sponsored us to be able to host the fund raiser event we had last year for the Paisley Tornado Victims and their families.

Aside from that day, Bill has been a daily part of our family, as he was also the partner owner with my sister in her store that she has owned in Winter Garden, FL, for many years now. Long before their partnership of the store though, my sister's husband, Geoff and their son, Myles were also members of the Floridian's gospel quartet, up until just the past year or so when they retired from the group. Bill though, kept strong with the Floridians, as he always had since the group's conception way so many years ago.

The last time I saw Bill, as his normal self, was last month at my nephew's wedding, when Myles and April were married in January. He was his old jolly joyful self as he merrily DJ'd through the wedding reception event with lots of family sentimental Gospel songs. He was so full of such happiness and the words he spoke so highly regarded of my nephew, Myles, and how in all his years he never knew such a heart for God as he witnessed over the years as he did in watching Myles grow from a young boy into a finely astute young man. He was so proud of Myles on his special day, and it showed in his smiling eyes and through the words that he spoke throughout the whole event.

Then only a week later Bill was hospitalized, originally diagnosed with already advanced menengitis. This later further progressed to his auto immunities where his brain began to severely deteriorate. The weeks that followed were hard for him, for his wife, for his family and dearest friends. Namely, my sister, Becky who loved Bill, DEEPLY as if he were a father to her, and Grandfather to her three boys, Myles, Geordan & Caleb. Though the weeks were hard physically for Bill, and emotionally for all who loved him...the faith of one and all was never diminished. Praise God.

Well, as of around 11:30 this morning, Bill went home with our Lord. My mom called me just a bit ago, and then I called my sister, Becky. She is understandably beyond heart broken, but she knows he's with God now and no longer in pain. Still, it just hurts that he's no longer "here" with us. Same for Bill's wife and family. Heaven have mercy on them?

Please, if you could spare a moment, I'd be deeply grateful for your time in prayerful support of Bill's wife and family, and all of us who loved him just as deeply. Especially, for my sister Becky.

For a memorial of Bill, and the testimonial blog of his life's journey, please visit the Floridian's website at:

http://www.thefloridians.org/

Thank you for your time and prayers. God bless and be with, always.

In His Hands,

Tanya & Family

Dear Tanya & Lee:

Gary and I will be thinking of you and your family in this time of loss. Unfortunately, we experienced the loss of a long time friend to liver cancer just a few weeks ago as well. Although we know he is with the Lord, it is still very sad for those of us left behind. All we can do is be grateful for the time we had with these great individuals and hope to live up to their example.

Ruth & Gary Owen

Stardust Acres

Tanya, I am so sorry for the loss of your very dear friend Bill. Prayers of comfort for all.
default_pray.gif

It sounds as though Bill was a blessing in many lives. I'm sorry he's passed over. He will always be with you in spirit and look down on you all with love.

{{{{Hugs}}}} to all, his wife, family, his many friends, you and yours.

May you all find comfort.

My heart goes out to you and your family.We will have you all in our prayers.
default_pray.gif

May God bring comfort to you all as you reflect on the wonderful times you shared with Mr. Bill.
default_yes.gif

God bless,

Joan

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind encouragement and prayerful support.

Warmest appreciations,

Tanya & Family

So sorry to hear of your families loss.

It sounds like he was one of the Greats in the world we live in...

You can be thankful you experienced his goodness and he yours...

((( HUGS ))) to you all...

Prayers said for Bill his family and for you and your sister.

I am sorry for the loss of such a wonderful man.

Bonnie

Tanya...I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend Bill. My prayers to you and your family and Bill and his family.

Thanks so much again, to all of you! I want to also express my deepest gratitude to Mary Lou, and all the members here on her "special place" for gathering. I cannot begin to thank you all enough for your kind patience and genuinely kind and understanding of times like this, where in this "special place" among us "mini-folk" can always feel safe in coming here to bear our hearts at these times in life where we can express of ourselves and always know the receiving ears (or rather eyes, from reading here) more often than not, do genuinely care. It really helps to come here and just "vent" of times of sorrow or varying degress of life's daily frustrations or even at times when just beaming with overwhelming joyous love. Your kindness and caring always helps to cushion the heart, no matter the vast diversity of trials and triumphs in any given day for any given heart to bear. I'm just so thankful for that, in this place, and all the people here who make it so.
default_wub.png

For those who've inquired, here are the final arrangements on behalf of Bill and those who loved him so very dearly. Thanks so much for kindly letting me share. God bless and be with.

In Loving Memory Of;William "Bill" Long

May 28, 1936 - February 16, 2008

Bill was born in Johnson City, Tennessee in the back bedroom of his family home.

His family’s love of gospel music ran deep within his soul from a very early age. His

singing ministry spanned from his early childhood days singing with his brothers

“The Tennessee Harmony Boys” through his present day group “The Floridians”.

He dedicated his life to singing southern gospel music and has been ministering for

over 50 years. Bill served on the Florida Gospel Music Association Board of

Directors for over 18 years. He was instrumental in the start-up of many gospel

groups throughout the state of Florida.

To Bill, no one was a stranger – they were only friends he hadn’t met. He was loved

by everyone and will be missed by us all.

If I have to knock on every mansion door, walk miles of golden streets Search

among a million saints that rest at Jesus feet I will run along the jasper walls, call

your name upon the wind I will find you again….

Our beloved husband, father, brother and friend decided after a long exhausting

and brave battle that it was time to go home. He’s now in the arms of his parents

Clinton F. Long and Dorothy Mae Arnette at the foot of the throne.

Bill is survived by:

His siblings: Floyd, Charles, Leroy, Fred, Gary, Shirley, Charlotte and Annette

“We will see you soon so save room at the table next to Mom and Dad.”

His grandson: Joey Long

“Papaw I love you and miss you so much.”

His children: Tina Whatley Joynes and Joe Long

“Keep singing Dad…. We will listen for your voice in every whisper of the wind.”

And his loving wife: Sharon

“See ya at the house…my love”

Viewing:

Baldwin-Fairchild of Winter Garden

Wednesday, February 20th 6:00pm to 9:00pm

428 E. Plant Street, Winter Garden, Fl. 34787

407-656-2233

Memorial Services:

Glad Tidings Church

Thursday, February 21st at 11:00am

2009 Fullers Cross Road, Ocoee, Fl. 34761

Pastor Gary Howell - 407-656-4140

In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Bill Long Memorial Fund at Bank of

America in Winter Garden, Florida. For further information visit Bill’s website: .

http://www.thefloridians.org

The family wants to extend their gratitude to the staff of Orlando Regional

Healthcare Systems and Brain Injury Rehab Center for their excellent care and

kindness throughout his illness. You will be in our hearts forever.

That is a beautiful memorial. I have never seen one written up like that before.

You, your sister and Bill's family have my deepest sympathy. I am so sorry for the loss of this good man.

((((HUGS)))) Tanya.

Tanya

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of such a great friend, and wonderful Christian.

I will keep you, Becky and your family in my prayers.

Hugs and Prayers

Vicky

Latest posts

Back