Rehabbing an injury

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trenna

Reaction score
I'm just brining my miniature back after a slight check ligament strain and now he needs to work that leg, carefully of course.

I'm currently walking him (double lunging) on a slight hill (have no choice when it comes to enclosed area) for 30 minutes.

Has anyone brought back a horse successfully and when did they start walking in a cart? My Smart cart weighs about 100 lbs

Would love some experiences. I don't want to reinjure but I'm pretty sure my problem came from long feet with longer outside during a small competition and the feet length and balance have been corrected and on track for the last 3 months

I have only dealt with a stifle injury. Have you noticed discomfort after a workout? Mine had 6 weeks of stall rest then I took him for 2 mile walks then 2 miles in the sulky. Your workout does not seem too hard. What does the vet say? The farrier?

Thanks, vet is going to have me lunge at the walk another week or so. He seems fine during workout. Guess we aren't hooking up anytime soon though.

The first time he injured the stifle, he had the Adequan injection in the joint. Then 6 weeks of stall rest. He was fine after that. About 3 years later he reinjured the stifle. He is already on Adequan as a maintenance for arthritis, so I just did the stall rest. That was in July. He is perfectly fine now, frolicking like a colt instead of a graying 19 year old.

How old is yours? The age would make a difference, I think (it does with me!).

It's hard to know what to do sometimes. Good luck.

Back