Re-doing a Wilform Cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keri

Reaction score
I got this Wilform cart and I'm redoing it. There are a couple holes on each side of the cart (exact same spot) that I just can't figure out what went there. Any ideas? I like to restore them to their former glory. So I have no idea what would go there or if nothing did. But there is a small indentation of a metal plate or something?? Maybe a dash, but I don't see how one could fit there? So here are some pics. I'll just putty them in if I can't figure it out.

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

I have been too. Can't figure it out. So that's why I thought maybe someone else had an idea. Oh, well. Just putty the holes up and paint over it. The only thing that I can think of is a dash. But it would've had to been L shaped to sit back far enough???

Wonder if they had french tug hooks there for the traces? I use them on my work carts.

But wouldn't the traces hook to the whipple-tree hooks? There is a whipple tree isn't there? There is a hole where it would have been attatched.

HHHHHHMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.....................
default_unsure.png

Yes most do use a single tree, but some dont or they remove them for variety of reasons and switch to the brass holder. Could have been an accessory they attached at some point too...hmmm. LOL guess a good wood fill will resolve our curiosity huh!

I cannot see anything in that picture. I enlarged it but it doesn't stay clear.

It doesn't look to have a whipple tree, but the cart in question obviously did at one time.

Personally, I would stick to the whipple tree, as it helps keep the chest and shoulder from getting rubbed.

I really like these carts...they are very similar to some I own, made by Boinky here on the Forum.

I'm having hubby make me a tree and we're going to put it back on. I'm thinking it got broke. There is a kick mark that moves up the back of the cart.
default_wacko.png
It did have tug hooks, but they were located on the inside of the shafts. I removed them as I want this to be a pleasure cart and prefer a tree. My roadster cart has the tug hooks and I like it for that. Maybe they were put up there at one time though?? Thanks for the brainstorming help. I'll just putty them in and move on.
default_laugh.png

Back