question about mini jenny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dein

Reaction score
I have a mini jenny who is bread but I don't know quite how far along she is will she show signs like a horse or are they different I have someone tell me that they don't show signs like a horse

My experience with breeding mini jennies has been different with every animal. Some of my veteran jennies showed signs of bagging and relaxing at the croup. A few of my maidens did not show any bagging or even waxing. They carry for a full 12 months and you must wait 90 days after covering to run a blood test. I would ask the vet to run a blood sample on her to be safe. That way you can be assured her nutritional needs are being met. I would recommend keeping a close eye on her if bred, many of my friends with mini donkeys have have had to assist with foalings and it seems to me that statisticly we have had more problems with them than with the horses.

Thanks for the info I read over the whole thing I will be looking into getting a blood test done this is her second baby I know every one is different and every breeding is different but this is my first with minis I have been around several large horses foaling I was told she had no problems with her last baby and she was bread by the same jack but I am still worried as all the problems that could come up with a mini birth I will try to get pic tomarrow

If the breeding date are close she should be getting ready to pop so excited time this month or the beginning of next month

Please share photos. I love little donkey foals. They're irresistibly cute.

This is the mama to be nibbles the black and white and the dad the gray and white

20150108_065814.jpg

20150108_065755.jpg

20141006_170808.jpg

I hope you'll join us on the mare/foal forum. We just love watching ALL kinds of babies arrive, and you'll be very welcome there!

~~Diane at Castle Rock

Latest posts

Back