Putting an ad in the Journal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunraye Miniatures

Reaction score
I've been wanting in the past put an ad in the Journal but have been afraid to when the finial bill comes around and will be a huge bill! What if you have somebody do an ad for you, do you still have to pay AMHR fees to have it in the Journal? Not necessarly when you have to pay the full page ad or 1/2 page ad, but if you have multiple pictures do you have to pay for each picture?

I don't think my dream to put an ad in will happen but I'm just wanting to know.

Send all Journal advertising and editorial copy to the Journal office: The Journal, 7965 Gurley Rd, DeKalb, IL 60115. Telephone: (815) 748 5013, Fax: (815) 748-2762.

You could call them and find out.

you pay someone to produce an ad, pay for your pictures if you don't own the copyright, etc. then you pay the Journal for the insertion of the ad. just like any other magazine

there is some lee-way, where they fix the ad up for you, but if you want to know in advance what kind of costs you'll incur, you have to give the gals at the Journal some very specific information for them to give you a quote.

of course, you'll also have to be pretty specific with whoever you want to design your ad and there are several gals on the forum who are very experienced designers who might be able to give you a quote.

better the sticker shock up front, to get a professionally designed ad rather than a real "home-made" looking one.

in the agency where I work, designing a full page magazine add ussually runs about $1-2K, plus photography, before you place it.

most freelance designers will want anywhere from $200 and up.

On the ohter hand, if you get a nice ad done that isn't time sensitive, you could conceivably use it for years.

I can only afford the breeder's directory, and believe its a real bargain for what you get. I just change the picture every few years, as nice new girls come along

Back