Puppies!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
Wow the past 48 hours have been crazy. I was up all night Monday night with her, and ended up at the vet clinic Tues morning for a c-section (she had to have one for her other litter, and apparently there is some truth in the saying once a c-section, always a c-section).

Anyway, got home late yesterday afternoon with the bunch....5 puppies-3 boys, 2 girls. Unfortunately 3 were lost during the c-section...we just couldn't get them going, no matter how hard we worked on them. That is the hard part of breeding....

On the upside, 5 is a NICE size litter, and more than enough for this mom to deal with. She was very stressed coming out of the anesthetic and took a very long time (over 12 hours) to settle here at home. But she has now and is being a wonderful mom! I think I'll actually get a decent night's sleep tonight....

Enjoy the puppy pics! There will be more coming!
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

Congrats! Very cute, can't wait to see more pics as they grow up.

Thanks everyone!! I am loving the 2 sables...I've only had brindles and brindle pointed tris!!

Congratulations. Five is a nice size litter to deal with. Love those Cardigans! Who is the sire?

Lizzie
Sire is Am CH Cerridwen Davenitch Believe in Him "Levi". He has some really really nice puppies out there!

~kathryn

Congratulations! They're so adorable! I'm sorry that she had to have another C-section and that you lost 3 puppies. I'll be looking forward to more pics!!!

Oh my gosh, they are SO cute. Sorry you lost some
default_sad.png
but glad the rest are looking so healthy
default_smile.png

Many congratulations on your new litter - what fabulous little pups. Sorry you lost the other three, but 5 will probably be easier for her to manage, bless her.

Cant wait to see the pictures as they grow.
default_yes.gif

AW, so cute, I agree five is enough for her to handle, but sorry about the lost ones, we lost one of our pembrooks after birth this Aug.

Thanks! Puppies are doing well and gaining like crazy!! The little 'pipsqueak' blends in now size wise (the vet that took the xray was surprised he made it), so we should be on the right path now....and I have to literally drag Jane out of the whelping box!!

I, on the other hand, am still trying to recover
default_doh.gif
...apparently I'm getting to old to be sleeping on floors....I'm still feeling that from Monday night! And well, getting a cold, most likely because I did not get any sleep that night, doesn't help either.....

~kathryn

Auntie Lily is very impressed with her nieces and nephews!

Can't wait to see more pictures. Wish I was brave enough to breed Lily, but the risk and the time investment is scary!

Adorable! Even in humans its pretty common, once a c-section always a c-section. I know after my c-section I will not even try natural with the next one. Congrats momma.

Adorable! Even in humans its pretty common, once a c-section always a c-section. I know after my c-section I will not even try natural with the next one. Congrats momma.
Yes, my mom is a reg. nurse...so it's something I have known about....however, my sister's first child was a c-section, and she had 2 more naturally, so not always the case....

Anyway, puppies are little porkers now....I'll post some more pics in a few days, when I've got a bit more time!
default_smile.png

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back