Price of gas in your area

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
From last year our price of gas has gone up more than $1.50. I just now filled up on $3.65 a gallon!!
default_new_shocked.gif
For NJ...that is quite a jump from last year at $2.17 a gallon. We were supposedly the lowest in our tri-state area. How is it in your area? Has it jumped up this much? Guess many people will be taking Stay-cations this year. I am wondering if the prices will affect driving to and from the horse shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the price of fuel is going to affect everything and everyone.

Here in Oklahoma the last time fuel prices got crazy I was paying around $3.75 a gallon for diesel and that was the only vehicle I had at the time--really cut into the pocket book. Regular gasoline was around /$3.25.

Today diesel is huvering at $3.99 and at a lot of stations it is over $4.00 and regular unleaded (without ethenol) is at $3.75 or higher. I have my Dad mini van this time around and it just absolutely kills me when it takes over $50.00 to fill its tank last year it was right around $30.00. Right now it would probably be close to $100.00 or more to fill the truck and it only has a 26 gallon tank.

I beleive it is going to make all of us cut back on our shows or team up and make sure we have full trailers and can split expenses. I also make every trip I make count as I live 15 miles from the nearest big grocery store or Wally World. I have a convenient store just down the road from me but of course you can't get everthing there. Also it is a 98 mile round trip to the feed mill and I try to make that trip only once a month.

Heard on the news this morning that the oil companies and making the bigest profits they have seen in years--what gives folks??? Recession and everyone is feeling the pain and the oil folks are taking food off the table of people that can't afford it--NOT GOOD OIL COMPANIES
default_nono.gif
:arg!
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_thumbdown.gif

It is now $4.76 per US gallon here, or at least that was Thursday's price. Last Wednesday it was "only" $4.56/US gal. Up until Christmas it was a mere $3.78/US gal

It won't affect my horse showing, because I'm planning to show at only 2 shows this summer, both of them just 20 minutes from home. Up until now I've had a bi-weekly gas budget of $125 and there were times when I had some of that left over by the next pay day. Now I've had to increase that amount to $150 and there isn't going to be anything left over. I mostly drive back & forth to work, and around town running errands--I try not to make any extra trips back to town. I buy groceries & such on work days, either on my lunch break or right after work--I'm not going to waste gas by driving back to town to shop on weekends or in the evenings.

In Maine around where I live it's about $3.84 a gallon!!! My family is going to be cutting WAY down on some things. Less trips to the movies or out to the store unless we really need to get some things. I will be showing but only 3-4 shows this year. IF that! My mom said all our fun is going to come to a halt..there's just no way we can afford everything...not just gas prices but many other things as well. She works 2 jobs and still having trouble caring for 3 minis and welsh pony! I help out as much as I can with buying hay/grain and shavings. We are looking for a home for 2 of ours and keeping the 2 we show. Times are tough
default_no.gif

It's going up here in Maryland, D.C area almost daily, sometimes hourly. I went to ECMHC show in Williamston N.C and it cost me $300 in gas round trip. Prices down there were around $3.59 for regular, 40 cents more here. It is now over $4.00 in some areas. I just heard on the news that there is plenty of oil, but it has to do with investors purchasing futures out of fear. I remember the gas lines of the 1970's so this is not as bad as that. I have to drive a pick up as it is my only vehicle, can't aford car payments or ins. on two. The prices are killing me. Town is 30 minutes away and I only go once a week to pick up pet and horse feed.
default_sad.png

I don't gas up in Canada unless I absolutely have to as it is always considerably higher. I gas up in Baudette, MN and as of this past Saturday, it was $3.89/gallon and $4.26 for diesel.

gas is 3.68 a gallon for reg. Diesel is 399 a gallon i just filled my f350 diesel up over the weekend it cost me 122.00 for fill it up made me sick!

I've been snowed in or stayed home since the first of the year, so I haven't really been paying attention to fuel prices, but I think its around $3.84/gal or around there, I'm in NE Montana. Last time I bought gas for my pick-up, the first week of January; it was like $3.29/gal or there abouts.

Hey guys, don't complain too much about fuel prices.
default_whistling.gif
Here in Australia I've just paid almost $1.60 a LITRE for deisel. Just did the conversion and that equates to $6 a US gallon.
default_gaah.gif

Doesn't help much though, does it? A couple of years back it almost hit $2 a litre. Enough to send us all back to horse and cart.
default_poke.gif

Never knew before that there is a difference between US Gallon and Imperial Gallon. The things you learn on L'il Beginnings.
default_new_multi.gif

Southern California: I'm paying an average of $4.20

default_no.gif

Andrea

Just filled up tonight - $3.87 and that was the cheapest I could find around our area in central Ohio.

I got regular for 3.82 today it was 3.85 yesterday. When I got my SUV last year it cost me 35 dollars to fill it on "E" now it cost 50-60 bucks.

Unbelievable isn't it? I guess I should not complain seeing on how everyone is in the same inflation boat. Just does not seem right that filling up has almost doubled since last year.. Geesh!
default_no.gif

Today (in Kansas) Gas was $3.65 a gallon for the regular and then diesel was $4.00 a gallon.

I believe its $4.17 a gallon right now. Isnt greed a terrible thing?....
default_no.gif

$3.89 in Western PA today. We have cut back to one vehicle, only my husband drives now. He drives to and from work, and I try to go to the grocery store every 2 weeks, and do everything in one trip. My horse is heading out to the trainer for a month for a driving refresher, and while hes gone were going to try to get everything setup to bring him home. I cant afford the gas to get to the barn as often as I would like. I wont have things like the indoor arena at home for bad weather, but I wont be using 1/4 a tank of gas to get to and from the barn daily either. We had planned to do around 6 or 7 shows this year, but unless gas comes way down, Im going to have to cut a few out and stay pretty local. Hubby has a fit about anything far anyway, 2hrs away is far to him lol. Wish I had a local show buddy to share gas expenses and haul with.

Regular unleaded is averaging 3.95 a gallon(but I payed 3.99 in town!) and Diesel is around 4.35 a gallon. Thats just in our area, I can't afford to go to far to see what it is farther away!
default_wink.png

ETD to add: We went north this morning to breakfast and regular unleaded was 4.18 a gallon and diesel was 4.19 a gallon
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back