Pregnamare?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylsminis

Reaction score
Could any of you please give me any information you may have on this test. I may be calling it by the wrong name but I have seen it on the sale board in the past. How do you use these and how accurate are they? Thanks!
default_wacko.png
:

It was 100% accurate for me last year!! I tested 7 mares. One tested a clear negative, 5 tested a clear positive, and one had one dot and a faint dot, which confused me. I aske Littlesteppers(seller) about it, and she said it was her experience that those ones ended up pregnant for her, even though the kit literature said it would mean negative. After I got to thinking, because that particular mare was quite obese, and not a reliable breeder, I thought maybe her hormones were somehow out of whack. She DID foal this year, and I had her thyroid tested, and she was hypothyroid, so I feel that may be what contributed to the results.

So....as the critics say...
default_thumbup.gif
: from me!

I love this test! It's been dead on everytime I have used it. Have been using for a few years now and it is so simple. No stress on the mare, no hauling to the vet, just a quick poke, get the blood and start the testing. :bgrin

I have used it and it has been mostly accurate for me. I had one mare whose results were questionable, similar to what Mona reported on one of hers. However, my mare turned out to NOT be pregnant. I also have a friend who tested a mare that showed positive and she turned out to be open. Of course, she COULD have lost the foal early. Overall, I have been pleased with it.

For those who have used this test, is there any certain window of time after breeding when this test should be done?? With the vet testing, I was given a choice of two tests that would be accurate through a certain period of time and I was afraid that the pasture bred time would fall in between that time . Thanks !

I used it on one mare in 2002, my first ever mare pregnant by my breeding, and it was easy to use and accurate. Said she was in foal and she was, the result was "Skipper"
default_smile.png

I think you need to use it between 40 - 100 days after breeding.

For those who have used this test, is there any certain window of time after breeding when this test should be done?? With the vet testing, I was given a choice of two tests that would be accurate through a certain period of time and I was afraid that the pasture bred time would fall in between that time . Thanks !
Recomended 40-100 days but up to 120 days.

We use this test now for 5 years average 5 mares a year and NEVER had a wrong result..I LOVE this test..this is the reason I sale them..
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Well I tested 3 mares, past the 120 day mark showed all positive.

All three mares never showed any signs of being in foal, and all 3 are maidens.

Exposed them to a stallion this spring, all 3 have been bred..........SO I didn't have good luck.

BUT..........

There was a question on the tests, I emailed them at where I ordered the tests, and since they where close to expiring when they sent them to me, and not sure if they where properly stored(refridgerated)..........

They sent me 3 more test free of charge, but I have not used them.

Edited to say I used the Foal-Proof test......just realized that after posting!
default_wacko.png
: Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used PregnaMare for several years & have had 100% accuracy!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back