Prefix application question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ike

Reaction score
So I'm really thinking about applying for a prefix but I'm not quite sure how the paperwork should be filled out. It says give three choices for a prefix so is it asking for your farm name choices or like the acronym type stuff you put in front of your horses name? It might be a dumb question but I just want to be sure.

The prefix is what you want on horses registration papers before name.

We are Magic Marker Miniatures and wanted MMM. Found out it is already taken, so had to change it up. AMHA is trying for MA2. We will see.

Ok that's what I kind of figured but I wasn't entirely sure. So then is there a form that we need for a farm name or does does that tie in with the prefix application?

The farm name has nothing to do with the prefix (though you should try to have a prefix that ties to your farm if you want people to realize you were the original owner). My farm name is Dusty Lane Miniatures and Shetlands, but my prefix is Dusty Lane. You do not need to do any paperwork for a farm name.

Thank you for answering my probably very odd question I just want to make sure I'm filling it out right.

Latest posts

Back