Prayers Please.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secret22

Reaction score
Today at about 3.00pm my sisters new horse that has been here 3 days kicked out at the fence and got hind leg caught. He rippied everything off from the front of his right hind leg. I wasnt there at the time but my parents saw it all and. My mum said she had a panic attack because all you could see was a bone and tendons going throught his leg., She said it didnt even bleed much but my Dad said mum broke the record form running from the paddocks to the houde to call the vet lol.

Well my sister is very upset about her lovely new horse as he will now be out of riding work for ages and ages.

Also he is at a high risk of infection so prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to hear of your sisters horse injury. I hope the horse heals well and fast.

Give your sister a hug.

Beth

prayers for a quick recovery
default_pray.gif
:

lori

Poor boy
default_sad.png
I hope he makes a speedy recovery, My QH gelding did the same thing about 4 weeks ago, very aweful thing for him to go through however it is healing really well now. And with time and proper attention I am sure your sister's boy will heal up ok.
default_smile.png

I saw it today when they ahd to change the bandage. Eeeewwwww, it was gross, I could see the bone and his tendon, there was no blood and it was very clean so it was all very clear. I nearly fainted when she first pulled the bandage off. My sister is soooo worried about him poor girl. I am trying to make her feel better.

Thanx for your prayers, they seem to be working.

Charlie

Sorry to hear about all this but what is the Vets prognosis- is the horse on medication etc??

It does sound pretty rough.

What a horrible incident! :no: I do hope he makes a good recovery. What kind of fencing do you have? Not that it is the fencings fault; seems like every kind of fence has risks. I'm just curious what you use.

He is on a ton of medication the poor thing is droopy with no life left in him :no:

We use wire fencing, here is a pic that shows it, it is all good fencing, tight and no broken batons.

paddocks1.jpg

Mum saw it all and said one of the horses tried to give his butt a nip through the fence and he kicked out at her - naturally. He was on a hill so his foot got caught between the top and second to top wire.

Poor guy, look sooooooooo painful.

IGNORE THE ARROW IN THE PIC - IT WAS TO SHOW SOMEONE SOMETHING ELSE!!

Latest posts

Back