Possible Driving trainer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Anyone know or driven w/a Dr.Wendy Ling from Sarasota. I think she drives primarily biggies. Im trying to contact her for training but just want to get a few references first if possible. Feel free to PM if you'd prefer. Thanks so much

Peggy, you are correct..my mistake Thank you...I did find her and have messaged her... just waiting for a reply. Do you know by chance if she ever drives minis?

If she's whom I'm thinking of, she breeds and raises warmblood type driving ponies (from what I've found, she may not be doing that anymore - but WOW - does her life seem to be full) and is an upper level driving competitor, but my memory could be wrong. I just went back out and found info on her...

I have met and watched her original coach in driving here in NC, and Wendy Ying used to be a regular poster on the forum Ponies-L and Driving Ponies (both Yahoo groups). I thought I may have watched her compete in Southern Pines at the April Carriage Classic last year, but not sure now that I was watching her in the dressage portion of the CDE... I can't find a listing of that competition to see who was there (probably a "brain fart" - as I thought results were posted).

She and Sterling Graburn put together the Gayla Driving Center in KY in 2010 and she is also a vet - who practices traditional western medicine (very different!).

Doesn't matter if she's driven Minis or not - if her teaching style fits you, you would have an awesome instructor to work with.

*** ADDED*** - have you checked out the driving Clubs in Florida? After reading some of the postings from folk in the Florida area, I've often wondered about all the driving opportunities "down there"... Of course, it's a large state and you may not be real close to any - I know that feeling well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back