Popping Leg??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JMS Miniatures it sounds like she is talking about her horse's HOCK(S) popping - not stifle. Mshasta88 has given you some good advice; I have actually known of several horses that have had popping hocks. I know one personally and remember they seemed to out grow it, but have always felt a regular trim and exercise was important. I believe it is related to the ligament not supporting the hock joint effectively due to being a little weak or stretched. If it were my horse, I wouldn't think it is anything urgent to have a vet look at immediately, but at-least look at the next time he is out.

This is JMHO, and I do wish you the best of luck with your boy. Sounds like you love him very much!
default_yes.gif

If you use a joint supplement, make sure it has glucosamine in it or you’re just throwing your money away. I’m completely sold on Fluiflex and could see improvements after only 2 days of use. I usually only use joint supplements on horses that are putting a lot of stress on their joints (like my barrel horses) My minis don’t get any cuz they don’t work nearly as much as my race horses.

It is quite possible that it could be because of poorly trimmed feet as a youngster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back