Pony Neglect

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunappy

Reaction score
There is a horrible situation going on in the town next to me. There is a pony being kept in a tiny shed fully enclosed, no windows or ventulation, very bad ammonia smell. The pony has no acess to the outside. No water, no food, no bedding, 2-3 feet of manure. I seen this with my own eyes. The pony was sucking on my hand so I got him a bucket of water and went to talk with the land owner wno says he does not own the pony, but is suppose to care for it. I asked him if i could buy the pony as it was not being cared for. he said No. I then said if he did not turn the pony over to me I would call and report him, he really didnt care. So I called the county sheriff (marinette) wi. and reported it, But the sad thing is they did not seem conerned at all and said they may do something. Well this pony needs to be rescued. If there is anyone in northern wi who can direct me in the right direction, who to call, what I can do legally. I live in Amberg Wi, it is 70 miles north of green bay wi. This is so bothersome to me, I have to beable to do something. please help, thanks nikki

I am not sure, here in Ontario, we have humane society to get in touch with. They have to check it out.

Terrible, Hope someone can give you good advice.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Sad thing is here where we are it is the same way you tell them about animals in need and most of the time they dont get out or look I dont know if they have too many places to look at and not enough time or what but I hate seeing animals like that.

Hi,

Find a horse rescue in your area. They should be easy to find in the phone books under rescue or hunder horse. Call them up and alert them to the problem. If you can't find any, then call the local animal shetler. They should know who to call.

Amanda

While I know it is hard to stand there and see a horse with no food, no hay, etc, please remember this: Law enforcement can only act on what they see. Back when I was a Sheriff's Deputy, I was called out to a "neglected" horse. The complainants said the horse's feet weren't being taken care of, the owner's weren't feeding or watering the horse, etc. Well, I got out there to see a nice round bale of hay, a clean and full water tank, and newly trimmed hooves. The horse was a little on the thin side, but not bad. The complainants claimed they got tired of seeing the horse suffer, so they put the hay and water in, and had the horse's feet trimmed. I couldn't do anything, because I saw a horse that had feed, water and trimmed hooves. I believed the complainants, but there was nothing I could do but advise them to call BEFORE helping the horse. Apparently, they finally worked up the nerve to call the authorities, but their timing was off.

I'm not trying to say there aren't some bad apples in law enforcement that don't care, but there are some that do care but their hands are tied.

Latest posts

Back