Poem to Brutus

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
I'm having a very hard time with Brutus leaving, very hard time. I cry ALOT. I know it will get better with time. But anyhow, I am not artsy at all...don't have talent with any of that stuff. But I decided today to write a poem to Brutus and it just flowed out very easily...it's nothing great but it's my feelings so I wanted to share it. It's just a rough draft, may change it or I might just leave it the way it is.

Poem to Brutus

There will never be another like you,

My soul Doggie that is true.

Almost thirteen years ago we started our family,

It's been a wonderful, full-filling journey.

Remember camping and conoeing in the backwoods?

I wish something again we still could do.

Remember the Great Lakes and the U.P.?

God we had fun and lots we did see.

How about all those times on Hardy Dam?

When we spent lazy days fishing and we swam.

I can still see you rolling in the sand,

We played so hard you could barely stand.

You were my shadow, my rock, and my best friend,

You were loyal and loving to the very end.

You've been with me through all this time,

Now I will never let you leave my heart and mind.

We had a connection, You and I,

I'm sure one again I will never find.

I will never forget you my dear friend,

I try to remember it's not really the end.

We will see each other again I'm sure,

When I call for you, you will be at the door.

God speed my dear Brutus, I will never forget you.

Love always,

Your Mommy

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh, Sonya!

When I saw the topic title, I took a deep breath before reading. I knew I'd be crying and I am. I had to take my glasses off and wipe my face halfway through.

What you wrote is beautiful!

You are definitely my internet-sister. My heart goes out to you so much more than I can say, and your Brutus and my Baby Bear (Winston) are watching over their moms. I know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonya, that is so beautiful, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Brutus.
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
I can only imagine what a person goes through in something like this. We've had 2-3 dogs at any given time in the 48 years we've been married but I have my 1st soul mate in my Daisy. (((((Hugs &
default_wub.png
to you my friend))))

I would not change a word of it. Perfect the way it is.

Ohhh Sonya, that is beautiful. When my Shado passed , I bought a shadow box and put all his favorite things in it. It hangs in our bedroom right above our bed, I also have a poem someone wrote for me framed right next to it, and a shelf with his urn on. It has taken me almost 2 years, just to keep from looking at it and burst out in tears, and I still cry at times..other times I just read the poem and ask why he had to leave me, he was just so special. It does get a little bit easier with time, but in our hearts there will always be that special place that feels so empty without them. both of ours were there for us for 13 years...and they will be waiting for us in the end., ready to play. They definitely are one in a million, and like Jill said..up there watching out over there Moms.

(((hugs)))

Corinne

Thanks guys...I've changed it up alittle, actually quite a bit, I think it's much better now. I know I am no literary genius..lol...just your average person who misses her dog so much it's hard to breathe sometimes. It feels good to share the poem with you all, I know you know how I'm feeling. He would of been 13 today.
default_no.gif

I have Brutus' urn on my dresser with a picture and his collar and his second favorite toy (his fav went with him)..I am going to get a shelf for my bedroom for everything kinda like Corrine has, I will put the poem there in a frame. Thanks again for all your support, it is truely appreciated.

I'm so sorry you're going thru this. It's so hard when the pain is so fresh. You don't know if you want to fast forward time or reverse it
default_no.gif

I'm so sorry you've lost your friend, the poem is beautiful. It's so touching and straight from the heart. Hugs.

Back