Please say a little prayer for Wanalynn!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Ten days ago Wanalynn fell at the barn in some small gravel (chat)! She took a hard fall and had gravel in both knees, both hands, and her chin! She also fell on a big rock protruding out of the ground and it hit her square in the chest![/SIZE]

Needless to say she was a bloody mess when I got to her! It's just lucky I was home when this happen! I brought her in and picked gravel out of her hands and knees and chin for about an hour! Got her cleaned up and bandaged!
default_rolleyes.gif
She was healing nicely when she started hurting through her chest and rib area! That was about a week ago!

Well, I took Wanalynn to the doctor this morning and after talking to her, the doctor says she has COSTOCHONDRITIS (Tietze's Syndrome) This is caused when you have a hard fall and you tear the cartilage that holds the ribs together on your side between the front ribs to the back ribs! He said the reason she's hurting so bad is because every time she breathes or moves the ribs expand and contract! She fell 10 days ago and he said it would take 10 more days or more for her to heal! He put her on Relafen an anti-inflammatory and Vicodin for pain! He told her to take it easy for a week or so until she heals! Absolutely no lifting!

So this means I'm on poop scooping duty until she heals!
default_new_shocked.gif
I've been trying to get her to go to the doctor for 2 weeks!

Bill

Wanalynn - sending good thoughts and prayers to you - hope you heal quickly.

Bill, have fun scooping poop!!!!

Barbie

Poor Wanalynn!

Hope she feels better and heals fast! The ground seems harder the more birthdays that pass by!!! And it seems farther down too.

Oh no, having fallen a few weeks ago and cracked 3 ribs I can totally empathize. I shall send my best for her, I found sleeping in a recliner the best thing, less stress in the bones. Warm hugs!

Dear Wanalynn, I am so sorry for you
default_no.gif
I hope you get better soon
default_wub.png

Oh Bill am so sorry to hear this Prayers for Wanalynn to heal quickly and be back to her usual self soon. Do make her rest if you can. Somehow the ground is harder and the healing is slower the older we get.

Sending prayers for a quick recovery Wanalynn

In the mean time relax and let Bill wait on you

listen to the doc so you'll heal good as new

I agree the ground is getting harder and further away

as I get older, that is so true

take care

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness - sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery for Wannalyn. OUCH! That just sounds so painful.

Wanalynn, please do what the Dr's say and rest! Good healing thoughts coming your way and just I know Bill will take good care of you and the horses!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending prayers for her and encouragement for you while you scoop.

Oh no....keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers! Wishing her a speedy recovery!

Liz R.

[SIZE=12pt]Hi All,[/SIZE]

Thanks for asking! Wanalynn is moving pretty slow and still in quite a bit of pain! She's just taking things easy and popping those pain pills!
default_biggrin.png
Just kidding!
default_biggrin.png

Bill

Latest posts

Back