Plastic/portable mini shelters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyer

Reaction score
Last year I saw someone talking abou using dairy calf shelters for their minis- I thought it was a great idea but.....I can't find any in my area or on-line that fit what I am looking for--a manufacturer called Poly-dome has something close but they don't seem tall enough. I know that they are out there. Where can I find them? I'm in Californias central valley where it seems like there are more commercial dairies than people, yet so far no leads on people who are selling the shelters. The shelters I'm thinking of are made of plastic/acrylic and remind me of 'Igloo' dog houses they cost $250-350 new.

Anyone have any other simple ideas for winter shelters for a small (2-4 horse) heard of minis in a temperate climate? Pictures would be great.

Thanks!

Here you go this is the link: http://www.polytankco.com/big_foot_calf_nursery.html

biggrin.gif

wewindwalker's post is exactly what we have. I have two small minis that go inside at the same time. You have to find a dealer for them--we went to the local feed store, cost us about $350 last spring.

soldiersnewhome.jpg

Hi
smile.gif

My Agribusiness Dairyman magazine came today, and the only ad for calf domes is

PolyDome

1-800-328-7659

www.polydome.com

it looks like they have quite a few different types and sizes.

Sue
smile.gif

My Webpage

[SIZE=14pt]Here's the brand we use on our farm! Great for minis![/SIZE]

Bill

What size/model do you have? Will it fit adult AMHA minis? There is a distributer 4 hours from here, I just didn't know if the polydome would be big enough. Do you like your polydome?

Thanks!

Flyer said:
Last year I saw someone talking abou using dairy calf shelters for their minis- I thought it was a great idea but.....I can't find any in my area or on-line that fit what I am looking for--a manufacturer called Poly-dome has something close but they don't seem tall enough.  I know that they are out there.  Where can I find them?  I'm in Californias central valley where it seems like there are more commercial dairies than people, yet so far no leads on people who are selling the shelters.  The shelters I'm thinking of are made of plastic/acrylic and remind me of 'Igloo' dog houses they cost $250-350 new. 
Anyone have any other simple ideas for winter shelters for a small (2-4 horse) heard of minis in a temperate climate?  Pictures would be great.

Thanks!

500003[/snapback]

There is a calf dome at www.farmtek.com joann

We have the polydome bigfoot nursery and it is big enough for a full size amha mini. I love ours--love that it is portable and we've moved it from pen to pen.

I have the igloo shaped calf nursery from Poly Dome and my minis love it. It is not unusual to have 4-5 of them in it at a time. I paid $191.00 for it several years ago, so I'm sure they are more expensive, now.

Here is the link:

http://www.polydome.com/polydome.html

Latest posts

Back