Pistol weight update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevycouple

Reaction score
Sorry it wasn't on time but my husband just deployed so it's been
default_wacko.png
: hectic to say the least. I haven't had a chance to take him down the street to the scale but here is the pictures and feed list :aktion033: He is down to two feedings a day with everthing thats been going on.

AM:

4 cp Equine Junior

4 lb Chaffhaye

Necessity (mulit vitamin, Amino and Trace mineral supplement)

Cellarator (to help with health improvement)

PM:

4 cp Equine Junior

4 cp Beet pulp

5-6 lb Chaffhaye

The Necessity and Cellarator is what I feed my big horses so he gets it just because everyone else is and it sure won't hurt
default_wink.png
: Once everyone is upto a good weight they will be off the Cellarator.

Oh well I won't keep you waiting any longer with my babble :lol: He was sprayed off right before the pictures. He loves water!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

PICT0801.jpg

PICT0808.jpg

PICT0800.jpg

PICT0799.jpg

He looks much better, and much happier from the last pics I saw of him. Still has a long ways to go, but he is defintelly on the right track!

Good job and keep it up! :aktion033:

He's also happier in these pictures because he finally has a place to graze even if its weeds :lol: Actually in a few of the pictures he was on the outside of the temp hot wire fence. It's to high for him so I will be adding a second row. I knew he might get out thats why he has his halter left on. He was diggin jumping through the weeds and getting to say hi to the big horses. I usually don't even let him near them but this is where the temp turn out is since the paddock just got seeded.

Thanks barnbum...It's amazing how quickly he is starting to look better and pretty much by just adding a youth feed and beet pulp, but mostly the youth feed because I wasn't totally consistant with the beet pulp since you have to soak it. I think I finally have a routine to remember to soak it.
default_yes.gif
:

hes soo cute!!
default_wub.png
: good job hes a cutey i love the lip thing he had going on there lol hehe :bgrin

Aww he is shaping up though he is still skinny he is on his way
default_wub.png
:

Wow he is really improving.

Where was hubby deployed to? How long? I have a niece and a student in Iraq. I will add him to my list of prayers!

Well done, a huge improvement both physically and mentally.

Don't you find, though, with horses, the two go hand in hand (should that be hoof in hoof??
default_smile.png
)

He is looking much better! Is he still intact? My prayers for your family and your husband.

My husband is in UAE for a few months. and yes Pistol is still a stud colt for now. He will get gelded eventually.

Just a thought, if you geld him it should help him pick up weight faster.

Just a thought, if you geld him it should help him pick up weight faster.
I was just going to say if you geld him he should fill out faster then kept as a stud colt. For example my shetland was getting 6-7 cups of grain 2xs each day, and occasionally throw in a flake of hay. I gelded him, and he is now only getting 2 cups of grain 2xs each day and he looks awsome right now.

I will be waiting until the fly population is down before I geld him. I live across from a Dairy so we have a few flies. :new_shocked: So i hope when that happens it will help with the weight issue.

Latest posts

Back