Pinto or Solid?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had to pick one, would you choose pintos or solids?

• Total voters

Kelsey - Vandy's Farm

Reaction score
We all know a good horse is awesome no matter what color. Color is the icing on the cake. Confirmation and disposition come first in my opinion. We breed for blue eyed pintos, specifically overos. But...just out of curiosity, if you had to choose one or the other, which would you choose?
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would choose solid every time. Which is why I am looking to change my stallion cos no matter what colour I put him to he gives pinto. I am British of origin and for us the only coloured horses were the gypsy horses.

We breed for Pintos so we can show them at our local Pinto Association shows, We started showing our big horse Target there in 1996, had lots of fun, met some wonderful people, and knew they offered mini classes. Many of those same people are still showing and several have downsized to either ponies or minis. So color pattern doesn't matter at all to us, just look for no appy blood in the pedigree (PtHA has relaxed that rule a bit since the 1990's but we still stick to it).

Solid colors are my favorites. This is the first year we've had any pinto foals, and they're kinda neat for "me" because they will look nearly solid color in time (double dilutes)
default_smile.png
I know, I'm crazy!!! I think some pintos are gorgeous, but still nearly always prefer solid colors
default_yes.gif

I voted solid. I like pintos and now have a few of them, but most of my horses are solid color and I prefer to have mostly solids. I would not want a whole herd of pintos--I like them to be a novelty in the general herd!

I love my pintos, and for sure find color sells.
default_wub.png

Unless you have a solid true black that is also a good seller.

I like my cake with icing
default_saludando.gif

I've always loved pintos and my breeding program(and the fact I show Pinto
default_smile.png
) reflects that!

You need a third option....because I can't choose! We have two of each. I do know that cleaning up the two solid girls (smokey black and silver bay) is much easier than having to clean up the white on our sorrel/white pintos.
laugh.gif

I have mostly solid in my herd, but I just love a good pinto.

I didnt vote because I cant choose , I like pintos as long as they are evenly marked and I solids too (especially dilute ones !) I wouldnt want a herd that the same , I prefer an assortment of colours/markings - I guess I just like a mixture

I can't choose either so didn't vote

we used to have more pintos in our herd and we showed PtHA

and loved the pinto shows but they were also very convienent to where we live

but now we seem to have more solids.

I just go by what pleases

my eye sometimes its a solid and sometimes a pinto

I can't choose one over the other
default_unsure.png
( I like both)

Given a choice for a good horse in either pinto or solid, I would choose the pinto...That being said, the majority of my horses are solids
default_rolleyes.gif

If I had to choose, I'd pick a solid every time. I love socks, stockings, stars, stripes, snips, and blazes but I'm not a huge fan of a loud (all over) pinto.

I can't vote. I have mostly solids but I love a horse with overo markings. I do not however care for tobiabos much. Of course, I agree that when its a good horse such things as markings can easily be over looked but if I were to be offered a choice of horses and they were all equal conformationally and temperamentally I'd chose and overo or a solid not a toby.
default_yes.gif

I can't vote either. My preference would be appy, but besides appy we also have solids and pintos, and like Supaspot I like a wide mix of different colors and patterns.
default_smile.png
On a really nice horse, any color or pattern works for me.
default_wub.png

My avatar will give away my vote.

But I have several outstanding solids or near solids that I LOVE.
default_yes.gif

SOLIDS HERE with NO white!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have almost all buckskins and bays!

I also have 1 silver dapple mare

And reciently added a new horse Arnie my old man who I addopted BUT he's a chestnut pinto

SOOOOOOOOOO

1 bay stallion

1 smutty buckskin roan stallion

1 bay mare

1 buckskin mare

1 bay roan mare

1 buckskin roan mare

1 silver dapple mare

and

1 chestnut pinto gelding

Latest posts