Pics of the "Tadpole" vehicle, and my fuzzy little pair

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Had a lot of fun hooking up the pair a couple of weeks ago to the new carriage. A lot of adjustments involved! Leia came over to help and also took all of the photos. I had to send my reins back for some more work, and also need another set of traces so that they are even from that perspective. I have been reading like crazy and watching online videos. I really need to have my trainer help once I get my equipment back and can hook them together again. I love the Tadpole. It is lightweight and I feel like I have a nice line to the horses and a good view of what they are doing. I will say that if you have a 34" horse, this will not work as a single vehicle. I tried it with Flirt and no dice. The shafts are way too far apart. I need to talk to the vehicle builder to see what can be done. The backstep is removable to lighten things up a bit. I did it, but I have to say that it is LIGHT. Really doesn't add much weight to the whole arrangement.

Anyway here are some pics. One thing these told me for sure is that I need to get cracking on a diet!
default_unsure.png

1st-pair0210.jpg

1st-pair0210-2.jpg

1stpair-0210-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Keely, that is Esprit and Flirt. They are in love with each other.
default_wub.png

I love the carriage! I really want a marathon carriage for a pair - not that I drive a pair, but I would love to be load the trailer with a light weight carriage rather than a heavy wagon every time Mom and I go driving! But they're so expensive ...

Flirt and Esprit look like they're working together very well for their first try!!

She didn't even post all the photos where they're at the same stride point!
default_biggrin.png
They're a cute little pair although after a winter off poor Esprit was convinced he was being asked to pull far more than any horse reasonably should.
default_rolleyes.gif
Flirt was like "Come on, lazy, let's go!"
default_biggrin.png
That girl is a workaholic.

Amy, I don't know if you're going to get that carriage to work for a single A-sized mini. Generally speaking pair carriages work for a pair of one size or a single of the next size up, not a single of the same size as the pair. A pony pair carriage for instance would work for a small horse, and a small horse pair carriage would work for a large single horse. Merridy's Velvet does fine with her Tadpole but she's a B mini as is Breanna's Fascination and the other horses I know who's owners are considering using it. It's the perfect carriage for your A pair and Ally or Alyx as a single but I think it might be a little much for a single A-mini. JMO!

Leia

Looks fabulous Amy! You sit nice and high up there. Looking forward to seeing more pics. It must be nice to have a covered arena to practice in too.

xox Leonie xox

Oh Amy, I LIKE that!
default_wub.png
Love your pair too!
default_yes.gif

Looks like you're going to have a blast with that!

AMY!!!! I was so happy/excited to see your pix! My daughter told me they were up and I had to stop what I was doing in the kitchen and come see
default_smile.png

They look like they are doing well...and that Tadpole is so cool!

Keep us updated w/ pix...I can never see enough of your horses working.

Angie

I really like your Tadpole and your pair. Look at Espirit. I met him at the Clinic in Longview a couple years back. He looks like a happy little driving horse. It's neat to hear he is Twitterpated with Flirt. What a driving pair they are. Funny how he will hold back while she does the work.

I wish I could afford one of those although really what I would like to have is a buckboard type wagon. Just can't find one of those I can afford either. I had to sell mine a few years back when times were really tough.

I look forward to more pictures in the future as your pair gets more in sync and the winter woolies fall off.

Marie

Oh, man, I am so jealous... Love the carriage, and the pair, and the lovely covered driving area with no snow, ice, or mud in it!!!! Looking forward to updates!!

Latest posts

Back