Phoenix Holiday Pet Festival

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eohippus

Reaction score
Last weekend a local rescue (Tranquility Trail) hosted a Holiday Pet Festival at West World Of Scottsdale (the local big horse show grounds). There were all sort of vendor booths, many rescues with animals there up for adoption, a vet available for questions, shots/microchipping, art booths, pet boutiques, etc. Anything pet related! No breeders or anything like that as it was more geared towards rescue, which I like to see. Any type of pet was welcome and if you got there early you go a free gift. We decided to take Kinson and my dog Kia. The turn out was AMAZING. I thought it wasn't going to be very crowded and there would only be a few pets there-boy was I wrong! Just about every body I saw had a dog (they had a rule where it was only one pet per handler which was nice and kept things under control) and there were a tooonn of people. Surprisingly there were no dog fights, no growling, not even lots of barking. Usually you hear at least one scuffle, not fight, but snarling/growling/barking scuffle go on. I was there for awhile and didn't hear one, I was impressed!

There were more big dogs (and by big I mean at least 80lbs) than dogs. Well over a dozen great danes and just as many mastiffs. One dane was 19 months old and 37"!! Bigger than any of my minis! All of the dog owners got pictures of Kinson next to their "bigger than a horse" dogs haha I wish I could have gotten some but I was too busy answer questions, half shopping (inbetween questions), and keeping Kinson from eating all the dog treats/stealing toys from the booths, and Amanda forgot we even had our camera with us. Now, of course, Santa is bringing Kinson some dog toys for Christmas because he was havin)g a blast with so many of them there (and the vendors loved watching him play).

They had an area where you could get your pets picture taken with Santa (or a menora!). Of course I had to have both of the furry "kids" get their picture taken. When it was finally Kinson's turn a crowd had gathered around and every one was taking their own pictures of Santa with the mini horse.

It was a great time and every one behaved, as usual Kinson was a rock and nothing phased him (which was unfortunate for the photographer! Both her and I looked mighty silly trying to get his attention)

Here's their Santa picture:

154625_1491421285724_1239764257_31141865_557104_n.jpg

If any of the other Az LB members were there and have pictures of their pets feel free to post them, I'd love to see them!

How neat! I didn't even know about that! Pic is adorable
default_smile.png

haha!! that is way too cute!

gosh we don't even get our Human kids pics taken with Santa..we're bad :p

Latest posts

Back