Petunia will not be quiet...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]i was watching the news just a bit ago and guess what they had a story on? a woman who was being taken to court by her neighbor because of a steer she ownes that is very noisy. yup, the ticket she was issued stated "excessive mooing by cow" the steers name was Wally. i hope our neighbors weren't watching and get any ideas :eek: . my husband looked over at me while we were watching and says "that's great, we'll be next!" [/SIZE]

She is making up for all the days she did not bray! :bgrin

While I normally hate being in barns that do this..have you tried a Radio on softly so she has something to listen too?

I know when I gave to much attention to my Jacob sheep..they would never shut up either. Took me a week of totally ingorning them to get them to shut up. Only fed and watered them during that time. Animals learn that they get noisey they will get attention. After that week.. they would getpets but no treats and they calmed down with the noise. Not sure if that would work for you or not??

[SIZE=14pt]hi Shari, she is in with 3 minis and there is a radio on 24/7 in the barn and they can hear it in the summer (we leave the barn doors open in the summer) i do think you are right about the attention thing. i think Corinne mentioned that too, she is way to spoiled
default_unsure.png
: . i have created a MONSTER!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Okay, I've got it... Have Ce whip up some BIG DONKEY EARS, complete with chin strap, on her sewing machine and put them only Molly when she isn't looking. Give her little tail a donkey clip and you have an instant jenny... :lol: Desperate times call for desperate measures right?
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I'm just reading about this now and I don't have any suggestions. I like Shari's idea that Tunia might be "making up for lost time" and she'll stop. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I know you are worried Nik, but just try to ride it out. Something will happen in the next day or so. She will either quiet down or you'll figure out what she's trying to tell you or something. Hang in there![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon :bgrin [/SIZE]

I PM'd you ;)

But I did want to share that when we got Minnie Mae she was LOUD! Louder than any others we had ever heard - The barn would shake :new_shocked: We kept her seperated because she was new and very pregnant. Once she was introduced to the girls it stopped and she may let one out a day.

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon,... :new_rofl: :new_rofl: :new_rofl: cant you just picture that...nothing like playing pin the tail on Molly. :bgrin Nikki, how far is Clinton, NY from you? Ce[/SIZE]

Back