Petunia will not be quiet...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]o.k. i hope this doesn't sound like i am complaining but...Petunia will not BE QUIET :ugh: . we were sooo glad when she started to bray again but now it's out of control, she doesn't stop, it's all night even. i know the neighbors are very annoyed by this as it has got back to me. actually no one here gets much sleep she's so loud. everything seems normal with her except her big mouth now. i have been trying to just ignore it and just be greatful she is alive but i can't ignore it any longer. it is stressful knowing neighbors are irritated as i probably would be too
default_sad.png
. oh there she goes again and it's 11:15 :eek: . Nikki
[/SIZE]

ok sorry but :new_rofl:

and she must be feeling SO MUCH better so :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

:risa8: :risa8:

maybe zada should sleep with her
default_wink.png
: so the neighbors don't :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

we
default_wub.png
: Petunia...

[SIZE=14pt]Well and lord knows a bray can carry!!!!! Are closest neighbor is probably 1 to 1/2 miles and he can hear mine. They usually only do it at feeding time, breeding, if a new arrival appears, or if something is in the general area they don't like.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Any changes around there? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]i had went to bed but of course she brayed again at 11:45 so i got up like i have been since she got home and started this to look out and make sure nothing is wrong...and just like i though there is nothing wrong
default_wacko.png
: . thank you Susan for your support, i knew i could count on you :bgrin . and Michele, nothing has changed here. before she was "sick" she only brayed when we came home, someone pulled in, feeding time or something was up...well that's all changed since she came home. i would say she averages about once every 1 1/2 day or night. she stands as close to the house as she came get...i have even tried giving her a little grain in the middle of the night thinking it would keep her quiet for awhile but she isn't interested in it most of the time. she has some kind of issue that's for sure, it seems to be a mental one. Nikki
[/SIZE]

What about a buddy for her? A donkey one. Maybe she is lonely? Just a thought, sorry she has gotten so vocal.

Ack, I hope you figure something out! My gelding Earl is quiet most of the time, but my jenny, Karma, MAN does she bray! Mainly around feeding time, but other times as well. I also worry about my neighbors... they're right next to my horse area! And I have a lot of equines, and are always worried they'll complain or something... I know they'll probably be happy once our for sale sign goes up!

Sorry no help, just hope she quiets down!

Jessi

[SIZE=12pt]Wish you where closer I would send you a buddy to keep her company, haha but then you may have two honkers going off instead of one!LOL
default_wacko.png
:
[/SIZE]

What about asking Bonnie about a reading?? Maybe she can tell you if something is bothering her.
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Ohhh Nik, youjust got to love those donkeys :bgrin she spoiled and wants you tobe by her, just bring her in the house and she will be quiet :new_rofl: :new_rofl: :new_rofl: Mine only bray when they see the jack out in another pen, or when there is something just not right around there pastures (usually wildlife in our fields right beyond the pasture), or of course when I have a mare come into heat. luckily our neighbors dont mine and think its "cute", and even alerts the neighbor with calves there could be a bear around. But in the middle of the night they sure are loud!
default_yes.gif
: Do you have barn cameras? be greatful you dont have a stalled donkey with a camera and they bray during the night...happened here and I forgot to turn the sound down, man oh livings~~ it scares the sh*t right out of you waking up to that coming about 5 feet from your head! Another time I had the cameras on and our insurance man was over, he was sitting in the dining room, and my tv with the barn cams is in the spare bedroom, you should of seen the look on his face when a donkey braying..came from a bedroom :bgrin :eek: :cheeky-smiley-006: :new_rofl: Just really glad to hear Tunia is back to her old self! I would get her a companion. I agree, with a reading from Bonie too. Ce
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]i think a donkey friend is part of the problem maybe even the whole problem. she always seems to be looking for something. i totally agree donkeys need donkey friends. i had a plan so she wouldn't be an only donkey but as you all know that didn't work out. i feel bad but getting other donkey is not something we can do right now. i have looked and looked and there is nothing even close to us let alone a reasonable price. it would have to be a jenny because i would be affraid if a gelding tried to mount or breed her it would cause lots of damage and jennys of course cost even more at least the ones we might be able to drive to and the cheaper ones are so far away the hauling would be crazy. i am not sure what the answer is but for her sake and ours i hope we figure it out soon
default_wacko.png
: . Nikki
[/SIZE]

LOL...she sounds a bit spoiled
default_wink.png
: and maybe lonely.

Do they make "Bray" collars?? like dogs "barking" collars?

Oh that sounds mean :no: J/K

Tunia is such a social Donk ..... look at her at the yard sale ..... she loves people and attention.

Since she is on such a good Bray roll....you should record her Bray's and sell them to a company for "Ringer Tones" LOL.... I am sure they would sell
default_yes.gif
: Can you imagine standing in line at a store and hearing someones Braying cell phone....how funny :bgrin

Wish you were closer! We live in MO, and last week I heard 2 "mini" donks advertised on our local rural radio station's "trading post." I went to look at them, and they were two females and they only wanted $200 for the 8 y/o, and $150 for the yearling. They were sweet, spoiled, gentle & cute. I was interested in the older one to be a babysitter/grandma for my two babies (and of course wanted to spoil her too). But hubby kinda put his foot down and said, "hey, I agreed to 2 little jennets.... not a whole herd of donkeys."
default_sad.png
Drats! But I do respect his opinion-- he's been very supportive of me in my donkey quest thus far. So, my long story is getting around to making a point, believe it or not! These donkeys were slightly taller than miniatures "should" be, therefore they were being sold at a lesser price. So keep looking! You could find a sweet deal on a sweet buddy for Petunia
default_yes.gif
: In the meantime... good luck with the noise!! I'm very anxious to hear that noise in my yard
default_wub.png
:

[SIZE=14pt]i wish i could find a donkey for that price, the problem is that there are very few donkeys in my area. it is rare to be driving a see one in a field even and there are no breeders close. and yes Teri i had a fleeting thought of a anti-bray collar...lol...i keep waiting for a complaint to be filed, my stomach gets a yukky feeling everytime she does it, i wonder how long everyone will put up with it. maybe another donkey won't even help, who knows... [/SIZE]

Gosh Nikki, I do wish you where closer I would give you one of my older jenny's I have for sale. But the shipping would be crazy I am sure, and although she is sweet, she was one I just rescued from an older man, and she needs a little more weight on her, plus she isn't halterbroke, but she will follow you everywhere. Anyone going from KS to NY soon? lol :bgrin

Gosh Nikki, I do wish you where closer I would give you one of my older jenny's I have for sale. But the shipping would be crazy

i thought the same thing, i have totally given up on Betty Jean, the jack she was bred with died mid-April 2006 so if she did get pregnant by him she would be at FIFTEEN MONTHS now... so either she is NOT pregnant after all, or she somehow managed to get with one of our boys after coming here, although we are very careful about that so i don't THINK so... she could be Petunia's twin and i am sure they would get along great - however, she is my noisiest jennet :eek: so it's probably a good thing AZ is so far from NY.

maybe FedEx???

[SIZE=12pt]Gee, anyone making a quick trip from northern Wisc. to New York. Nik, if I were you I would be doing some serious advertising for a companion donkey at a very reasobnable price. There have got to be some in New York SOMEWHERE. I do know if a rescue that gets them in and that is in New york. Ce[/SIZE]

default_wacko.png
: Sorry to hear of the noise problem
default_sad.png
. My kids hardly make a noise, wish we were closer Max and Emily could visit, perhaps a friend would help, maybe out there somewhere there is a free donkey....who knows.
default_yes.gif
: Thinking of you! :saludando:

In Iowa you could find one dirt cheap, too - wish you were closer! There aren't a ton around here either but they do go cheap!

How about PA to NY???

FYI - we are in South Central PA and I know of a little girl who needs to be sold
default_wub.png
:

Back