Pet Peeves

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about those who advertise "great CDE prospect" (or whatever performance activity) when they have never participated in that event or said horse is just a weanling? Umm...how do you know this horse will be great at it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost forgot my all-time biggest complaint:

People who quote the ENTIRE original post in their reply.

Quoting the part that they are referring to is fine and helps clarify their point, but reposting the entire original post defeats the purpose. Don't you think people read it the first time through, or can go back and re-read it?

(HINT: When you use the quote function, you can delete that which is irrelevant.)

Of course, this one is doubly annoying to me since, with my vision impairment, I have to zoom in the text 200% just to read. Having to scroll through endless renditions of the original post makes me want to run screaming into the night...Not that it didn't bug me when my vision was normal, LOL...

And sales pages - don't get me started on sales pages!

I love when people advertise a horse, but don't give you a direct link to the information. So you go to website, find their sales page, and it says that you have to check through their entire website to see what is for sale! Or all they have listed is horses that have been sold....
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How about those who advertise "great CDE prospect" (or whatever performance activity) when they have never participated in that event or said horse is just a weanling? Umm...how do you know this horse will be great at it?
Kind of like it used to be in Morgans I guess (maybe still is but I haven't been looking at any Morgan ads in awhile)--if the horse was tall and heavy boned/stout bodied and not the right type to make it in the breed ring sort of classes, people would advertise that horse as "great sport horse prospect". It didn't matter that the horse didn't have the co-ordination required to clear a 2' jump nor 3 good gaits to succeed in dressage--he was a sport horse prospect just because he wasn't good for anything else. That used to be major pet peeve of mine in the Morgan world!
In the case of Minis advertised as CDE prospects, I suspect that in many cases the seller says that just because they've heard that there is a growing market for Minis in the CDE world, and so they advertise their horse as such. Most likely haven't a clue what traits are desirable in a CDE horse, and no clue if their horse has those traits or not. Too funny, in a somewhat sad way.

This one has happened to me several times before....I had almost forgotten about it until this morning....

When someone posts on a sales ad a certain horse for sale and puts the photo of a different horse...ie: the sire. Then you have to contact them for a photo of the horse that is for sale, which looks nothing like the horse they set up the picture of on the sales ad in the first place.
default_wacko.png

Hands down my biggest pet peeve is people who come on the message board and do this...

"He has a 12" x 12" piece of flesh hanging off and the muscle is all shredded and I think I can see the bone sticking out, also he seems to be weak from bloodloss"...."Do you think I should call a vet?"

AND even better.....

"He has a 12" x 12" piece of flesh hanging off and the muscle is all shredded and I think I can see the bone sticking out, also he seems to be weak from bloodloss"...."I will call a vet but I want to talk to an animal communicator first so they can ask him if he's in pain !!!!"

What's really sad - is that this would be funny if it weren't TRUE !!!!!!!

"

People who quote the ENTIRE original post in their reply.
I totally agree with Suzanne. And it's even worse when the quote something that has lots of pictures with it.

Miniwhinny I totally agree with you. Or "I'll call a vet tomorrow".
default_no.gif

Here's my 2 cents worth:

People who buy horses and don't have a clue or care about their needs.

They do not dump one red cent into them but yet its ok to have them.

As long as they can stick any two ends together to make a baby or use them to mow the lawn....that's what is important.

No fencing, so they tie them up to a tree or the nearest truck bumper and leave them there till someone decides to take them for a walk.

No barn, no shelter cause oppsie, that cost $$$

Nope, can't pay a vet either.

And what's a farrier for??? Nah, don't need one of those either....cost more money and we don't have it.

:arg! :arg! :arg! :arg! :arg!

People who, new to the business and never having owned a Mini (or possibly even a horse) before, insist on telling me exactly what I am doing wrong, and how they are going to make a FORTUNE with their animals because they have bought only the best.

I am still here, thirty years later.....where are they?
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back