Personal Ponies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

just2minis

I am ashamed to say I am selling out - again. Please don't flame me but this time it is for good.

What I wanted to say is that I am having a hard time finding a good home for my 2 minis. Trying to be nice I contacted the Personal Ponies director in my area to donate them to their program - GUESS WHAT ? They didn't want them !! Here I have 2 darling, sweet, correct, and healthy filles and they said no, that they only take UK Shetland Ponies
default_wacko.png
I thought for sure I had read on the forum where people have donated to Personal Ponies, or was it some other organization ?

Just a thought... Perhaps you could contact the Make A Wish Foundation?

I get the impression Make A Wish does not want live animals.

I want to clarify that I am not trying to give my horses away, but Personal Ponies seemed like a good cause.

Depending on where you are located, perhaps you can find a nice 4-H family that would love to have them and use then as their 4-H project. I know I have kids that would love a nice mini to show. I have kids with no horses but the other kids in the club share with them. I think the mini makes a great 4-H project and it is easier on the family not having to have a huge barn build and the up keep of a mini is less expensive for them. If you are located in the US look up your local Extension office and find a club in your area.

I donated a mini to personal ponies, must depend on the area rep. He was close up to some UK imports but registered mini. You can see him on their site, Sandman.

The woman that used to be a director here for Personal Ponies had mostly minis involved. Maybe your chapter is only taking on the UK Shetlands? How about a therapeutic riding club that might be interested in offering therapy with a mini, not riding of course, but interaction and grooming etc to teach other skills and share love?

What about your local zoo? Alot of zoos have petting areas where they would get lots of attention and love? Just a thought.

the theraputic riding program near me has a "mini ambassator" for their program. He goes to schools, parades, fairs, and of course goes with the big ones to the Special Olympics to promote their farm. He lives the H-I-G-H L-I-F-E lol.

If you the Therapeutic Riding Center route, please be VERY careful that they know how to feed and house a mini and that they will use them properly. I have heard horror stories about what happened to the two minis I had no control over when I left a program. Heck--they can't even properly care for the big ones....sigh. That said, when I was there we used minis a lot and they loved it.

-Amy

Yeah, I am not sure about the Theraputic Riding program or 4-H. We do not live in an agricultural area. I may have to pick a home and give them away. A good experienced home is more important than money any day.

Last edited:
I am ashamed to say I am selling out - again. Please don't flame me but this time it is for good.

What I wanted to say is that I am having a hard time finding a good home for my 2 minis. Trying to be nice I contacted the Personal Ponies director in my area to donate them to their program - GUESS WHAT ? They didn't want them !! Here I have 2 darling, sweet, correct, and healthy filles and they said no, that they only take UK Shetland Ponies
default_wacko.png
I thought for sure I had read on the forum where people have donated to Personal Ponies, or was it some other organization ?
Where in WA are you? There are a few programs that just might fit the bill. Also we have a very active 4H horse program in this state, heck the competition in some areas requires horses in the 5 digit cost range just to be competitive
default_wink.png
I also know a number of people who might be able to help you "place" them if that is a consideration.

Tia,

I am not sure who you have besides your little palomino filly but she is stunning and I am amazed she has not sold. You might just give it more time. I'd take her in a heartbeat if I had not resolved not to add to my herd now that I have it down to where it is about right for me to manage. (although after our foot of snow or so today I am not sure if I "ever" feel it is manageable in the wintertime! :) )

Susan O.

runamuck - I would lke to hear from you ! If you could give me suggestions that would be great !!!

Susan - Thanks !! You are a sweetheart
default_wub.png

Tia:

Our local miniature horse club, NorCal, did raise funds, purchase, and donate a mini to a girl involved in the "Make a Wish" program. The club raised enough money to purchase a cart, harness, and other goodies for the little girl involved. Both her and her little driving gelding are having a wonderful time . . . so you might talk to the "Make A Wish" people and see if they have any little ones who are wishing for a mini . . . I'm sure they will be willing to work with you.

Lee

Latest posts

Back