People who use daily wormer.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucker

Reaction score
I wanted to know does daily wormer stop alot of the tail rubing I have 3 horses that i want to start showing next year was wondering if the daily wormer helps out alot to keep there tail neat.I know pen worms cause alot of it but when i paste worm them every 6 weeks it stops alot of the tail rubbing but not for long. no they have no summer ich or lice and i use stuff to keep oil in there tails so there not dry.anyway just wondering.

I use the daily dewormer on all my stalled/individually fed horses, but dont really have a tail rubbing problem with anyone. Are you horses all doing it? If so it might be worth getting a fecal check done on a couple of them to be sure you aren't missing something with your dewormer. My daughter's big mare has a tail rubbing problem but we think it has more to do with her being in heat and just keeping herself kind of dirty. She has finally gotten it under control, I think with tea tree oil on the tail.

Jan

Thanks guys just wanted to know if it would stop alot of that tail rubing.so I gues I will be looking into useing daily wormer on my show horses. Thank you thank you.

Latest posts

Back